- 1-hour sake brewery tour and tasting in Kyoto
- Visit the Horino Memorial Museum or Matsui Shuzo (depending on which option you've selected)
- Tour a traditional or modern-style brewery building for a look at sake production
- Enjoy sake tastings with a professional guide
- One-way taxi transfer to Matsui Shuzo included (or walk to the Horino Memorial Museum)
- Small-group tour limited to 10 ensures a more personalized experience
What You Can Expect
Great exprience. I love going to Wine country in California so this was the sake version of that. The tour was given by the wife of the owner. Small sake distillery so we were able to get a behind the scene look at the making and production of Sake. Great way to spend a few hours and taste some great sake.
The brewery has been around since 1726 and you get to see the whole process from start to finish. The brewmaster has really good english and explains a lot of the details. However, have a plan to get back to your station/hotel before arriving at the pickup point, the tour ends at the brewery which isn't on or that near a rail line. Bus/taxi is pretty much the only option. The bus can be a long trip back.