- 3-hour private Kyoto walking tour of Japanese gardens
- Discover the Zen Buddhist gardens of the Muromachi period with a local scholar
- Stroll around Kinkaku-ji Temple (the Golden Pavilion) with its Mirror Pond and villa design
- Admire the exquisite Karesansui Garden at Ryoan-ji Temple, designed with gravel and rocks
- See Zen gardens and water features at Ninna-ji Temple
- Hear fascinating commentary with personalized attention from your private guide
What You Can Expect
Excellent. Guide knowledgable, evocative sensitive and extremely diversified in his knowledge of area history zen. Japan and its history and current attitudes. Well recommended
The tour guide are very well organized and knowledgeable all the way until the end of tour. It's so much fun and very memorable.
It was very good. The guide showed a lot of knowledge on his topic and I learnt a lot
The ONLY reason I signed up for this tour was the fact that I am very, very interested in Japanese gardens and landscapes. I was looking forward to an in-depth explanation from our scholar.
As it turned out I was highly disappointed with the quality of this tour. I paid 2.5 times the advertised rate, by far the most expensive of our Japanese tours, and therefore my expectations were correspondingly high. Not only was the tour expensive but I also had to pay all the entrance and transport costs on top. It was a rip-off.
The first question I was asked was what on the tour especially interested me. Well, the clue is in the title Japanese Gardens and Landscape. I saw a forlorn look and heard from our scholar: well I dont know much about gardens. It turned out that I knew more than the so-called scholar did! Was I interested in Buddhism? The only real advantage of having the guide was in getting from one garden to the next. Shelling out 440 for two for this walk was totally unreasonable and excessive. We could have done it by ourselves for a fraction of the cost