- Private 2-hour cooking lesson at a local home in Kyoto
- Discover the art of rolling sushi and deep frying tempura from your instructor and guide
- Learn about Japanese daily life as you enjoy a meal with a host family
- Choose a morning or afternoon class
- Receive a recipe to take home with you!
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by taxi included
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
You get an opportunity to prepare sushi in a local's home kitchen. It's a rare glimpse into everyday life that a regular cooking class doesn't offer.
What You Can Expect
This cooking class was very well organised and highly enjoyable. Both the tour guide and the host were lovely and it was great to experience cooking in a typical Kyoto kitchen/home. We were encouraged throughout the session to participate in the preparation of every dish made. The host made us feel very welcome in her home and was more than happy for us to take pictures throughout the class and answer our questions.
Wow! This was a very personalized experience. Our interpreter/guide met us at the hotel with a car. On the drive to the home, our guide was engaging and interesting. She spoke perfect English as she had lived in Australia for eight years. Of course the best part was the lesson! Our hostess was gracious and informative. She and her nephew did a great job with all the parts of the dishes we prepared. Our 18 year old son loved everything. The food was spectacular and we enjoyed the conversation and learning customs as well as cooking. I would strongly recommend this experience!