- 3-hour Kyoto walking tour with a religious scholar
- Stroll through the Gion district with your local guide to Shinto shrines and Buddhist temples
- Learn the meaning of the gates and halls at the Shinto Yasaka Shrine
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Buddhist temple of Kiyomizu-dera
- See the Dharma Hall and Abott’s Quarters at Kennin-ji
- Discover daily rituals of Buddhist monks and spiritual seekers
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 6 people ensures a personalized experience
What You Can Expect
We weren and #39;t sure what to expect from this tour but we had an unparalleled experience! Alex was an absolutely fantastic tour guide, it honestly felt like we were hanging out with a really smart, cool friend who was showing us these amazing tempels and shrines. I wish I could go on and on!
Very good guide :
Fantastic tour for anyone who is interested in learning more about how Shintoism and Buddhism have helped to shape Japanese history and culture. Our guide was extremely knowledgeable about the subject matter and thoughtfully answered all of our questions. This tour definitely improved our awareness and understanding of some of the subtleties of Japanese culture. As a result, it also improved our understanding of everything we experienced in the days that followed. Highly recommended!
Absolutely fantastic afternoon! Our guide was a buddhist priest who really brought into perspective the temples we had been visiting. Amazing!
Absolutely amazing experience. Our guide Brian is one of the best guides we have ever had. He is very passionate about what he does and it benefited our tour and vacation tremendously.
We enjoyed our walking tour very much. Our guide was personable and answered all of our questions well. He was knowledgeable but knew when to move on to another topic. He was in tune to our jet lag and our needs to sit for a bit. He was informative about life in Kyoto and Japan in general. I highly recommend this walking tour and this particular guide. We plan to use Viator guides and programs in future travels! We are saving this web site on our "favorites."
Dr. P United States of ...
Well informed guide. Well structured tour. Wish one more Daikaku-Ji temple was also included.