- Private dinner with a geisha and walking tour of Kyoto’s geisha district
- Stroll through the Gion neighborhood with your private guide and learn about the history of these gifted Japanese artists
- Savor exquisite kaiseki (haute cuisine) at a private restaurant, accompanied by a geisha
- Converse with the geisha and learn more about her world as your guide translates
- Enjoy the traditional dance and musical entertainment performed by the geisha after your meal
What You Can Expect
If you’re lucky, you might catch sight of a geisha as she heads to her first appointment of the evening. Geisha translates to “art person,” and traditional singing, dancing, musical instruments and other arts, including ikebana (flower arrangement) and the tea ceremony, are her specialties.
After the walk, your small group will meet one of the exquisitely dressed entertainers at a private restaurant. This special occasion includes a traditional multi-course kaiseki meal. The fresh, seasonal meal is yet another tantalizing example of Kyoto's cultural riches.
The kaiseki starts with an aperitif, followed by a selection of beautifully arranged appetizers. You’ll sample a variety of delicious dishes for your main course and finish with a light dessert.
During the meal, the geisha will chat and pour drinks. Your guide translates your questions to the geisha, enabling you to have a conversation with her. Gain a better sense of her profession and Japan's ancient culture throughout your meal. After dinner, turn your attention to the geisha’s performance featuring traditional dances and songs.
Take photos throughout the evening to remember this rare experience of dining with a geisha in Kyoto's Gion district.