- Half-day tour of Altos de Chavón, a recreation of a medieval European village
- Explore La Romana’s most famous attraction with a local guide
- Wander enchanting cobblestone streets, browse artisan shops and enjoy views over the Chavón River
- Visit the Roman-style amphitheater, a venue used by big-name stars including Frank Sinatra and Sting
- Round-trip transport from your La Romana hotel included
What You Can Expect
Designed by Dominican architect Jose Antonio Caro and Paramount Pictures master designer Roberto Coppa, this replica of a 16th-century Mediterranean village was handcrafted by skilled Dominican artisans down to the last brick. The hamlet is now home to the Altos de Chavon School of Design, an affiliate of New York's Parsons School of Design.
Altos de Chavón's main attraction is the 5000-seat Roman-style amphitheater. Frank Sinatra was the first to perform here in 1982, and the venue has since hosted stars like Marc Anthony, Shakira, Sting and Gloria Estefan. Explore the impressive structure while enjoying views out over the valley and the River Chavón.
Peruse artisan shops featuring jewelry, clothing, embroidered linen and fine cigars. Stop by the Regional Museum of Archaeology to see the collection of pre-Columbian Indian artifacts sourced from the region, then browse the many art galleries in town to see more modern works. Dine at one of the many Mediterranean restaurants or cafes (own expense.)
I booked this tour and was never picked up at my hotel, i sent an email prior to confirm my pick up at the hotel, i also called the same day of the excursion and they said they couldn't find my reservation, after 30 mins on the phone they said they will come pick us up at 230pm they came earlier than the time stated and left and wouldn't come back to pick us up. just letting you guys know they are very disorganized , the name of the company is nexus tour. i highly recommend for you to buy your tours directly at destination. waste of time and money