- Full-day Dominican countryside adventure by 4x4 'safari truck'
- Experience a piece of daily Dominican life at a local family home
- Visit a sugarcane field and a sponsored school, and enjoy a horseback ride
- Admire the unique Basilica of Higuey, an important architectural and religious site
- Feast on a buffet lunch, and sample local dishes, fruit and fresh coffee
- Learn how to roll the perfect cigar, and see how rum is made
- Lunch, beverages and hotel pickup and drop-off from La Romana or Bayahibe included
What You Can Expect
You’ll make a stop at a local sugarcane field and learn how this popular crop is grown. Chew on a nug of this sweet treat as you interact with the locals responsible for producing this delight.
Next, you’ll visit a school and learn about the education system before making your way to a horse ranch. After a safety briefing you’ll don a helmet and saddle up for a 20-minute horseback ride through the island countryside.
Afterwards, relax near the Anamuya River with cocktail in hand. Cruise along the river en route to the home of a local family where you’ll enjoy Dominican coffee, chocolate and fruits, too. Once your appetite is whetted you’ll head to Anamuya Mountain where you’ll have the chance to sample traditional cuisine while gazing out at incredible views.
Once lunch is complete head to a trapiche, where you’ll see how Dominican rum is made using sugarcane. You’ll also visit a small museum, where you’ll learn about cigars. Learn from a local guide how to expertly roll the perfect Dominican cigar.
Finally, pay a visit to the Basilica of Higuey. Built in 1972 this destination is a popular spot for pilgrims who believe the vision of the Virgin Mary once occurred here.