- Three nights at the Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel
- Explore the beautiful Lake District
- Includes the Ten Lakes Spectacular tour
- Three breakfasts and three dinners included
- A boat cruise on two lakes
What You Can Expect
Your short break also includes the Beatrix Potter's Lakeland and Wordsworth Tour. A visit to Hilltop farm is the highlight of this tour but lovers of Beatrix Potter know that her world extended throughout the Lake District, from Sawrey, Hawkshead, Tarn Hows and Yewdale in the south to Derwentwater and Newlands in the north and the head of the Troutbeck Valley in the east.
The tour also visits location used in the making of the "Miss Potter" movie staring Rene Zellweger. Likewise William Wordsworth traveled extensively throughout the Lake District and this tour is especially designed to visit particular places that can be associated with the areas two most famous literary figures. All will be explained during this wonderful 14 lakes and tarns tour with stops for photographs and short walks.
Day Two: Ten Lakes Spectacular tour
Day Three: Beatrix Potter's Lakeland and Wordsworth tour
Day Four: Free time and departure transfer from accommodation
- Troutbeck Village and Valley
- Kirkstone Pass - Lakeland's highest mountain pass
- Lake cruise
- Castlerigg Stone Circle - 4,000 year old stone circle
- Keswick - stopover in town center for lunch
- Honister Mountain Pass
- Buttermere Valley and Crummock Water
- Newland Pass
- Moss Force Waterfall
- Beatrix Potter's Hilltop Farm - home of Peter Rabbit (40 minute stopover)
- Jeremy Fisher's Esthwaite Water
- Jemimah Puddleduck's village of Near Sawrey
- Stunningly beautiful Tarn Hows
- Coniston Water - lake cruise
- Hawkshead Village and Wordsworth's Grammar School (own expense)
- Hawkshead - stopover in village for lunch (own expense)
Despite rainy weather--the overall experience was excellent! The hotel was very special--with most of the staff more then accommodating. The driver/guides were informed and entertaining! Just be sure to have your arrival plans planned as best as possible to avoid mix ups. Would like to suggest that Mountain Goat somehow acknowledges their name on their answering service--the call name was confusing and left us wondering if we were at the right place phone wise. Travelers be sure to keep a list of all contacts and numbers at the ready and remember different calling methods are used in different areas --even within the same country. All in all we'dig again if given the oppertunity!!! BON VOYAGE!!!
The whole experience was excellent. The hotel accommodation was fairly ordinary, but the food was definitely 5 star. Mountain Goat Tours were terrific. The Beatrix Pottery Experience is excellent value for money.