- 4-day Beatrix Potter tour from Windermere
- Three nights at the Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel
- Explore the beautiful Lake District
- Includes the Ten Lakes Spectacular tour
- Three breakfasts and two dinners included
Your short break also includes the Beatrix Potter's Lakeland and Wordsworth Tour. A visit to Hilltop farm is the highlight of this tour but lovers of Beatrix Potter know that her world extended throughout the Lake District, from Sawrey, Hawkshead, Tarn Hows and Yewdale in the south to Derwentwater and Newlands in the north and the head of the Troutbeck Valley in the east.
The tour also visits location used in the making of the "Miss Potter" movie staring Rene Zellweger. Likewise William Wordsworth traveled extensively throughout the Lake District and this tour is especially designed to visit particular places that can be associated with the areas two most famous literary figures. All will be explained during this wonderful 14 lakes and tarns tour with stops for photographs and short walks.
Day Two: Ten Lakes Spectacular tour
Day Three: Beatrix Potter's Lakeland and Wordsworth tour
Day Four: Free time and departure transfer from accommodation
- Troutbeck Village and Valley
- Kirkstone Pass - Lakeland's highest mountain pass
- Ullswater - lake cruise
- Castlerigg Stone Circle - 4,000 year old stone circle
- Ashness Bridge and Surprise View
- Keswick - stopover in town center for lunch
- Honister Mountain Pass
- Buttermere Valley and Crummock Water
- Newland Pass
- Moss Force Waterfall
- Beatrix Potter's Hilltop Farm - home of Peter Rabbit (40 minute stopover)
- Jeremy Fisher's Esthwaite Water
- Jemimah Puddleduck's village of Near Sawrey
- Squirrel Nutkin's Derwentwater
- Stunningly beautiful Tarn Hows
- Coniston Water - lake cruise
- Hawkshead Village and Wordsworth's Grammar School
- Ullswater - "Queen of the English Lakes"
- Aira Force Waterfall - the Lake District's most dramatic waterfall
- Castlerigg Stone Circle - the enigmatic ancient stone circle
- William Wordsworth's Dove Cottage
- Hawkshead - stopover in village for lunch (own expense)
Reviewed by Margaret D, April 2013
The whole experience was excellent. The hotel accommodation was fairly ordinary, but the food was definitely 5 star. Mountain Goat Tours were terrific. The Beatrix Pottery Experience is excellent value for money.
Reviewed by Joyce B, July 2012
I enjoyed tour very much. the Lindeth Howe Hotel was very good, the staff very helpful. They answered all my questions and were very kind. The Mountain Goat tours were very good, the guides, bus drivers were very knowledgable. It was a delightful experience.