- Full-day High Mountain Passes Spectacular tour from Windermere
- Travel over the steepest mountain passes in England
- Fantastic views of Upper Eskdale, Scafell and Scafell Pike
- Ride on the Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway
- Morning coffee and biscuits included
Recent Photos of this Tour
View from Hardknott fort.Photo by: Gerald PUnited Kingdom, 04 2010
Lake WindermerePhoto by: Gerald PUnited Kingdom, 04 2010
The valley near HardknottPhoto by: Gerald PUnited Kingdom, 04 2010
EskdalePhoto by: Gerald PUnited Kingdom, 04 2010
One of the many lovely views ...Photo by: Gerald PUnited Kingdom, 04 2010
Next you will ride on the miniature Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway, before a lunch stop at one of the valley inns.
In the afternoon you will continue to Wastwater, Britain’s favorite view, and take in the views up into Wasdale and across the lake to the famous 1,500 foot screes. Your next stop is the splendid 14th century castle of Muncaster, a treasure chest of fine historic belongings and tales. In its internationally acclaimed gardens you will find magnificent examples of azaleas, camelias and rhodondendrons and also have the opportunity to visit the World Owl Trust.
On your journey back to Windermere you will see the beautiful scenery of Coniston Fells and Coniston Water.
- The Langdales
- Hardknott and Wrynose Mountain Passes - the steepest and most exhilarating in England
- Hardknott Roman Fort - with magnificent views to Scafell and central mountain peaks
- Ride on the Ravenglass and Eskdale Steam Railway
- 14th century Muncaster Castle including World Owl Trus and Gardens
- Coniston Fells and Coniston Water
Reviewed by Fung Ling T, November 2012
The high mountain adventure was exiciting. Though the weather was not very good, the scenery was great! And the introduction by the tour guide Tony (I am not sure if I have mistaken his name) was comprehensive. This gave me a sight of another aspect of lake districts. Highly recommended!
Reviewed by JOSE, August 2012
The trip was good and adventurous, but the weather is very critical at the lakes. our driver and guide (Mike) is an exceptional person. He knows the place, it's history and most of all he is very polite, conservative and his English is very good most especially for the foreigners.