- Surf day trip to Caleta de Famara in Lanzarote with local instructors
- Travel to Famara Beach on Lanzarote’s northwestern coast, one of the island's top surf spots
- Make use of a surf board, wet suit and rash vest for the duration of the surfing lesson
- Enjoy a surf lesson tailored to different abilities, from first-time surfers to advanced riders
- Hear tips for paddling out and discover surfing techniques to suit different waves
- Small-group surf lesson with a maximum of 8 people ensures a personalized experience
What You Can Expect
Hop out of your minibus at Famara Beach, and head inside one of the surf shops near the shore to select your surf board and get changed into your bathing suit. Wet suits and rash vests are also provided on site for you to use. With all your gear on, wander down to the golden strip of sand with your surf board and run through the basics of surfing with your instructor.
Practice how to ‘pop-up’ on your board on the sand, and hone the technique of springing from stomach to feet in a fluid movement. Then, take to the sea to catch the surf! Under the watchful eye of the instructors swimming and surfing around you, learn how to paddle out, duck-dive under small waves, and catch the crests of waves as they break.
Halfway through your surf lesson, take a break for lunch and soak up the sun with a beach picnic of sandwiches, cookies and soda. Eat while chatting with other surfers in your group, and admire the scenery that surrounds you; Famara Beach is made up of a sweeping 1.9-mile (3-km) expanse of sand and dunes, framed by pretty Caleta de Famara village and the foothills of Risco mountain.
When your lesson finishes, return to the surf shop to get changed, shower and drop off your wetsuit, rash vest and board. Finally, finish your experience with a drop-off at the meeting point.