- Day trip from Las Vegas to Arizona ghost towns
- Visit the old Arizona mining towns of Chloride, Oatman and El Dorado where you can chat with the locals
- Enjoy a photo stop at the mighty Hoover Dam
- Cruise down Historic Route 66
- Take part in a Western cowboy shootout show!
- Complimentary hotel pickup and drop-off from Las Vegas Hotels, lunch, bottled water and professional guide included
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
It's an awesome journey off the beaten path to see two Wild West ghost towns in Arizona, get some photos of Hoover Dam and ride along historic Route 66. Take a break from the Mojave Desert heat by having a drink in a saloon -- I recommend a prickly pear cocktail!
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Old Wild West Saloon BarPhoto by: Madeleine
- Cowboy shoot out in Chloride ...Photo by: Madeleine
- The Hoover DamPhoto by: Elicia.martinez72
USA, 11 2014
- Death at high noon - audience ...Photo by: DJM
Germany, 11 2013
- El Dorado CanyonPhoto by: Madeleine
- El Dorado CanyonPhoto by: Madeleine
- Cowboy ShowPhoto by: Madeleine
- Burros of Oatman ArizonaPhoto by: Madeleine
- Hisotic Oatman Ghost Town signPhoto by: Madeleine
- Route 66Photo by: Madeleine
- Cactus, rattlesnakes and more ...Photo by: Madeleine
- Chloride Ghost Town old signPhoto by: Madeleine
- More yard art!Photo by: Madeleine
- Wid West Cowboys!Photo by: Madeleine
- Yard art in Chloride Ghost ...Photo by: Madeleine
- Hoover DamPhoto by: Madeleine
- Back to NevadaPhoto by: Madeleine
- Historic Oatman HotelPhoto by: Madeleine
- Another cowboy Shootout in ...Photo by: Madeleine
- Chloride Ghost TownPhoto by: Madeleine
What You Can Expect
Next, head to the small mining town of Chloride, a community that has survived the harsh desert environment since the 1860s. Silver and other minerals were mined here for decades, and after the mining boom was over, Chloride nearly became a ghost town. Today, Chloride is home to about 250 residents who are very proud of their mining history. Browse the antique shops; admire the various artistic sculptures; and chat with the locals before enjoying lunch.
Next, drive along the Historic Route 66 highway to the small ghost town of Oatman. The present-day population of this ghost town is 150 people and 1 poltergeist who goes by the name of ‘Oatie the Ghost.’ He’s believed to be the poor spirit of William Ray Flour, an Irish miner who died behind the Oatman Hotel.
Enjoy views of the Black Mountains and the tumbleweeds and wild burros that freely roam through the town. Have your picture taken alongside modern-day cowboys and bandits while posing in front of an authentic Route 66 sign. You'll even have a chance to take part in a Western shootout! Held in the middle of the street, this Western-style event features cowboys in costume standing face-to-face, ready to draw!
Enjoy a drink at a local saloon (at own expense) before traveling through the Mojave Desert along the Veterans Memorial Highway, a road that cuts straight through empty desert landscape. This calm drive is the perfect way to remember the openness of this part of America.
Your last stop before returning to the big city lights, glitz and glamour of Las Vegas will be in El Dorado which was named by the Spaniards who discovered gold in the area. This town served as the backdrop for many famous western movies and also housed the famous Techatticup Mine where millions of dollars worth of gold and silver have been unearthed.
Excellent all round trip, driver/tour guide was extremely personable and knowledgeable, great day all round, the real USA
Tour guide was informative, polite, and knowledgeable. Pick up and drop off went very smooth. Van was brand new and very nice. Box lunches were good as well! Would recommend.
A well paced day trip, starting with a half hour stop to view The Hoover Dam and continuing on to three very different cowboy ghost towns - Chloride in the old silver mining region, Oatman, a real feel of the old West, and Eldorado, tiny but compelling. The guide, Chris, was extremely informative with a relaxed sense of humour, always approachable and tolerant of numerous requests for photo stops.
This was by far the best trip we have had so far. The mini bus was very comfy and pick up was on tine. The guide Kriss was outstanding and kept us entertained the whole day with his stories. The scenery is outstanding and the ghost towns gave us plenty to think about. If you only have time for 1 trip, then this is it.
Excellent tour guide who knew so much about the places visited ( thanks Mike!). It was so good to see the wonderful areas surrounding Vegas along with some incredible scenery. Well worth doing.
Brilliant trip, Great driver and guide, we had a great day. Would do this trip again if we were in Las Vegas. Would recommend to anyone going to Las Vegas. Can't believe we have gone to Vegas for ten years and never found this trip. Done every other but this was so different and good loved it.
My husband and I are so happy we selected the Wild West Day Tour to be a part of our Las Vegas Vacation. It truly was an amazing adventure!! The Hoover Dam was beautiful. Our tour guide Mike was wonderful. He was so Informative and had lots of positive energy. We definitely will be doing another tour with Viator.
Really good trip chris the tour guide was brilliant loads of info, because there was only four of us on the tour made it even better 7 sweater . Met some lovely people at the small towns
really enjoyed this tour. our guide jd was good. the little towns and the people are so friendly, just dont eat your dinner where the donkeys are, or do as it is sooo funny
We had a blast! Khriss our tour guide was amazing. He was very knowledgable of everything we did and even drove by. A 10 hour tour went by quickly. The towns were great. The desert landscape was a new picture with every turn. I kept Khriss' card and will definitely use your company again and recommend it to everyone. Only under the condition we can have Khriss as our tour guide again.
Amy, Joe, Victoria and Joey Rozzi