- Full-day guided Black Canyon kayak trip from Las Vegas
- Get great views of Hoover Dam, the engineering marvel that lights up Las Vegas and much of the West
- Look for hidden locations including Gold Strike Canyon, Lone Palm Canyon, Arizona Hot Springs and Emerald Cave
- Stop to explore canyons, caves, hot springs and beaches along the Colorado River
- Try to spot bald eagles, red-tail hawks, coyotes, bighorn sheep, striped bass, and more
- Paddle under a historic gauging station, built to measure the river's water flow
- All kayak gear included with expert instruction, a great trip for beginning or experienced kayakers
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
When you’re geared up, drive to the base of Hoover Dam, where you descend 1,100 feet (335m) to the boat launch area. On the way you'll pass a security checkpoint where you’ll need to show your government-issued photo ID.
At the river, receive paddling instructions and a safety briefing from your expert guide. Once you’re ready, hop in your kayak and hit the water! Expect 4–5 hours of paddling total in mostly calm water, although it can be choppy depending on weather conditions. The kayaks are stable, equipped with rudders for steering, and all safety equipment is included.
Not long after you start, you’ll reach a great spot to snap photos of the Hoover Dam. From there, continue to follow your guide downstream to see Sauna Cave, and take two optional short hikes. The easy trails lead you to a slot canyon and hot springs to explore and swim. If you want, relax with a soak in the natural hot springs. If you opt not to take the hike, simply relax and enjoy the natural surroundings until your group returns.
You'll travel seven miles down the river before you stop midday for a tasty picnic lunch on a secluded beach. After relaxing at lunch, you’ll kayak three miles to Emerald Cave and a historic gauging station and tramway. Nearby, you’ll see the trailhead where you can hike if time allows.
Your last mile on the river brings you to Willow Beach, where you’ll meet the van for the return to Las Vegas. Restrooms and cold beverages (own expense) are available at the marina. Say farewell to your guide and return to Las Vegas in the early evening to end your tour.
Please note: in order for the local operator to obtain the necessary permits for this tour ALL traveler names must be provided as they appear on a government-issued ID such as a driver's license or passport. Your tour will not be confirmed unless all names are provided.
Excellent trip! My wife and I both enjoyed it alot. Our tour guide was great, the scenery was beautiful, the lunch was great, and the little hikes we did at some of the stops were fun and interesting. We highly recommend this trip.
Best tour I ever have paid!! Gary is an awesome guide, really patient and knows everything about the Canyon and it's surroundings. The kayaking couldn't be better, even though the day was a little bit grey. And finally the lunch was a homemade delicious meal.