- Day trip to Bryce Canyon National Park from Las Vegas
- Walk along the canyon rim to various scenic lookout points
- See a maze of colorful hoodoos at Inspiration Point and Sunset Point
- Head to Sunrise Point and admire the stark pink cliffs
- Your guide will show you the best hiking trails to explore more on your own
- Morning snack, lunch and hotel pickup and drop-off included
Book now and travel by June 30, 2013 and save almost 15% on the recommended retail rate!
What You Can Expect
Follow your guide on several light walks to scenic lookout points along the canyon’s rim to admire incredible horseshoe-shaped amphitheaters, hoodoos (thin rock spires), windows and fins made of colorful limestone rocks.
At Inspiration Point, three levels provide great perspectives of the main amphitheater. See the gnarled trunks of bristlecone pines and red hoodoos set against the Boat Mesa formation. If you look carefully as you walk through these barren slopes, you might discover a short-horned lizard trying to remain camouflaged!
Head to Sunset Point, offering vistas of some of Bryce Canyon’s most breathtaking hoodoos. Admire the rainbow of colors of the Claron Formation and learn how this unique rock is composed of limestone deposited approximately 50 million years ago from an ancient lake.
Your guide will also take you to Sunrise Point, where you’ll see stark pink cliffs and ponderosa pines dominating the forest above the rim.
If you wish to explore further at any of these points, ask your guide about the best trails and head below the rim on your own for more challenging hikes.
You’ll spend approximately three hours in the park. At midday, enjoy a picnic lunch or lunch at a restaurant, depending on the weather. After your tour of Bryce Canyon, relax on the drive back to your Las Vegas hotel.