- Day trip from Las Vegas to Death Valley
- Guided tour of Scotty's Castle
- Death Valley tours from Las Vegas stops at Ubehebe Crater, Furnace Creek Ranch Museum, Badwater and Rhyolite Ghost Town
- Informative commentary from your driver/guide
- Pick-up and drop-off from most Las Vegas hotels
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Get away from the glitz for an adventure at stark and fascinating Death Valley National Park on this all-inclusive day trip. It's pretty amazing walking around Badwater Basin, the lowest point in North America.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Natural Art in Death ValleyPhoto by: Diarmuid O
Ireland, 12 2011
- Zabriskie PointPhoto by: Todd K
- Badwater, Death Valley - ...Photo by: Ted D
- BadwaterPhoto by: Christine O
United Kingdom, 04 2008
- Salt plains at death ValleyPhoto by: Jing Yuan W
- Sand Dune at Death ValleyPhoto by: Jing Yuan W
- BadlandsPhoto by: Brian.P
- Ralph our GuidePhoto by: Brian.P
- the colorsPhoto by: Barbara
- My sonPhoto by: Barbara
- Devil's GolfcoursePhoto by: Barbara
- On the way therePhoto by: Barbara
- A desert at sea levelPhoto by: Barbara
- an overviewPhoto by: Barbara
- At Death ValleyPhoto by: Barbara
- Salt minesPhoto by: Barbara
- Ls Vegas sunrise.Photo by: John S
- Scottys CastlePhoto by: Judy M
- Salt Flats, Death ValleyPhoto by: Judy M
- Entrance signPhoto by: Judy M
What You Can Expect
After lunch you will continue on to your third stop, Ubehebe Crater. The crater is all that remains from a volcanic eruption that was so violent, the volcano itself was destroyed. Then it's on to Furnace Creek Ranch Museum, where you can learn about the history of Death Valley.
Next stop is Badwater, the lowest spot in North America, at 282 feet (85 meters) below sea level, with a permanent spring-fed pool where you actually can walk on the salt flats. Your final stop on the tour is at Rhyolite Ghost Town.
Please note: due to high temperatures, this tour does not operate from June to August.The Zabriskie Point visitor use area will be closed to all vehicle and foot traffic from October 1, 2014 to approximately March 2015 due to construction. You will receive extended time at other stops made on this tour. This tour is seasonal and operates from September to May.
It was great. Ralph? was the guide who was absolutely informative. The tour is a small tour 11 people so there were plenty of stops at scenic places along the way and time was very efficiently used. There was no need for a super early pick up and transit at another location to another bigger bus. Ralph picked us up and head for death valley straightaway. Death valley is really gorgeous and I actually preferred this tour over Grand Canyon.
I can't stress enough that a small group tour is definitely a much more enjoyable experience compared to a big bus full of people.
Very nice trip. Enjoyed the tour. The tour guide Franklin ? was very informative and knowledgeable!
Great, Ralph was a lovely guide and the sights were amazing. Boxed lunches were good!
This is a must! I have a good laugh and fun this day. The view is breathtaking. I would say a must do
Wow, what a great day!! Everything about the trip was more than we expected. Great breakfast and lunch unbelievable scenery Jack the awesome tour guide - priceless!!!!
Absolutely fantastic! Jack showed us so many places in Death Valley and kept us entertained the whole time. It's hard to do justice to this your in a review - all I can say is, do it - you won't be disappointed and you will see so many breathtaking sights along the way - and so much more than is mentioned in the description. Very highly recommended and if you end up with jack guiding you - it'll be a bonus!
Very good. Many stops so we could see the sights og landscape.
Simply great, a must do! Our guide was fabulous
Ralph is a superb, highly knowledgeable and amusing guide. We had a vote as to whether to visit Scotty's Castle or have a more scenic tour. Everybody in the group opted for the scenic option and this was a great choice. There is so much to see and it was topped off with a visit to the genuine ghost town Rhyolite. We were given masses of water which was need as the temperature at the visitors centre showed 120 degrees. The coach was comfortable with the air conditioning and we didn't have to sat in the sun for long periods. This tour was definitely one of the highlights of our trip to Vegas.
Visiting Death Valley was an incredible experience only enhanced by our guide Jack. Jack was friendly and engaging and very informative. We visited so many different sights and felt we came away with a very memorable day we will never forget.