- Day trip from Las Vegas to Death Valley
- Guided tour of Scotty's Castle
- Death Valley tours from Las Vegas stops at Ubehebe Crater, Furnace Creek Ranch Museum, Badwater and Rhyolite Ghost Town
- Informative commentary from your driver/guide
- Pick-up and drop-off from most Las Vegas hotels
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Get away from the glitz for an adventure at stark and fascinating Death Valley National Park on this all-inclusive day trip. It's pretty amazing walking around Badwater Basin, the lowest point in North America.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Natural Art in Death ValleyPhoto by: Diarmuid O
Ireland, 12 2011
- Zabriskie PointPhoto by: Todd K
- Badwater, Death Valley - ...Photo by: Ted D
- BadwaterPhoto by: Christine O
United Kingdom, 04 2008
- Salt plains at death ValleyPhoto by: Jing Yuan W
- Sand Dune at Death ValleyPhoto by: Jing Yuan W
- BadlandsPhoto by: Brian.P
- Ralph our GuidePhoto by: Brian.P
- the colorsPhoto by: Barbara
- My sonPhoto by: Barbara
- Devil's GolfcoursePhoto by: Barbara
- On the way therePhoto by: Barbara
- A desert at sea levelPhoto by: Barbara
- an overviewPhoto by: Barbara
- At Death ValleyPhoto by: Barbara
- Salt minesPhoto by: Barbara
- Ls Vegas sunrise.Photo by: John S
- Scottys CastlePhoto by: Judy M
- Salt Flats, Death ValleyPhoto by: Judy M
- Entrance signPhoto by: Judy M
What You Can Expect
After lunch you will continue on to your third stop, Ubehebe Crater. The crater is all that remains from a volcanic eruption that was so violent, the volcano itself was destroyed. Then it's on to Furnace Creek Ranch Museum, where you can learn about the history of Death Valley.
Next stop is Badwater, the lowest spot in North America, at 282 feet (85 meters) below sea level, with a permanent spring-fed pool where you actually can walk on the salt flats. Your final stop on the tour is at Rhyolite Ghost Town.
Please note: due to high temperatures, this tour does not operate from June to August.The Zabriskie Point visitor use area will be closed to all vehicle and foot traffic from October 1, 2014 to approximately March 2015 due to construction. You will receive extended time at other stops made on this tour. This tour is seasonal and operates from September to May.
Great tour with very well informed guide.
Driver was great very funny very informative Had a great day!!
Excellent trip. Long day,but the places visited were amazing,Ralph is an excellent guide.
Absolutely fantastic. Our driver - Ralph - was fantastic, well read and extremely helpful in answering questions.
It was take more than a full day to do Death Valley justice - so many unusual and beautiful vistas and formations. My mother , who is 91, weathered the trip well and was able to take in all the beauty in this area.
Excellent trip so much to see, a must do
I wondered about visiting Death Valley on my own in a hired car but am so glad I joined the Day trip as the guide alas I've lost the piece of paper with his name on! was the most knowledgeable and interesting I think I've ever had. He was a mine of information on history, geography, geology, astronomy, flora, fauna and evolution as well as places in Death Valley. I think the tour I signed up for was supposed to visit Scotty's Castle but in the end the 9 of us on board the minibus opted to do the 'nature' tour and visited more 'out-of-the-way' less touristy places, plus the ghost town of Rhyolite. It was hot 46.7 degrees C 116 oF but we had just enough water on board. A memorable day and safe 'adventure'.
Judith M United Kingdom
If you do nothing else in Vegas you have to do this trip. Our guide was very very knowledgable regarding geology, plant and animal life. made the whole trip very eduactional and enjpyable. I would give this tour 11/10.
It was great. Ralph? was the guide who was absolutely informative. The tour is a small tour 11 people so there were plenty of stops at scenic places along the way and time was very efficiently used. There was no need for a super early pick up and transit at another location to another bigger bus. Ralph picked us up and head for death valley straightaway. Death valley is really gorgeous and I actually preferred this tour over Grand Canyon.
I can't stress enough that a small group tour is definitely a much more enjoyable experience compared to a big bus full of people.
Very nice trip. Enjoyed the tour. The tour guide Franklin ? was very informative and knowledgeable!
Great, Ralph was a lovely guide and the sights were amazing. Boxed lunches were good!