- Grand Canyon West Rim by self-drive from Las Vegas
- Scenic drive past the Hoover Dam and Joshua Tree Forest
- Native American village tour and photo opportunity
- Hualapai Western Town and Ranch
- Grand Canyon Skywalk (if option selected)
- West Rim bus tour of Eagle Point and Guano Point (pass provided)
- Choice of buffet lunch at Guano Point indoor lunch at the Hualapai Ranch or Native American fry bread meal
- Complimentary shuttle to the rental desk for vehicle collection
Recent Photos of this Tour
What You Can Expect
You will be picked up by complimentary shuttle and taken for assignment of your automatic SUV for the day. All passengers will receive a map and entry into the Grand Canyon.
When you hit the road you will pass Boulder City and Lake Mead to Hoover Dam. Drive through a 900-year-old Joshua Tree Forest before turning onto the road to the Grand Canyon West Rim and the lands of the Hualapai Tribe. You are free to explore Guano Point and Eagle Point at your leisure - no timetables, no schedules - its all up to you!
- Grand Canyon Skywalk - Take a stroll on the Grand Canyon Skywalk, the newest attraction on the West Rim, for amazingly unobstructed views over the canyon
- Helicopter/Boat - Take a helicopter ride to the bottom of the canyon, then enjoy a 15-minute pontoon boat ride on the Colorado River!
- High Point Hike at Guano Point - a brief walk from the shuttle drop point, offers 340 degrees views of the Grand Canyon
Driving to the Grand Canyon was great! A driver from Hertz picked us up at our hotel around 7 am and dropped us off at the Hertz location at the Hard Rock Hotel. We picked up a very nice SUV around 7:30 am along with our packet that included maps, literature about the Grand Canyon tour and vouchers for entrance to the Grand Canyon and lunch ticket. On our way we stopped in Boulder City at the Hacienda Hotel and Casino to get a nice big breakfast and then we were on our way. The drive was nicer than I had expected being in the desert and all.
We arrived at the Grand Canyon around 10:30 and exchanged our vouchers for tickets and boarded the shuttle bus to the 1st of 3 stops at the Canyon. Very, very organized staff. The canyon was breathtaking. You can take as long as you want on each stop since the shuttles come by every 15 minutes. WE had lunch at the last stop, an Indian ranch. We had chicken or ribs, mashed potatoes, vegetables, cornbread, cookies and a drink. Very nice atmosphere with a cowboy picking on the guitar while you eat in the air conditioned food hall. We headed back to our SUV around 2:30 and drove back towards Vegas, stopping at the Hacienda Casino on the way back to get a drink and gamble a little. Dropped our car back off at the Hotel, put the keys in the night box and we were done. It was very easy and a great way to see the Grand Canyon.
This was great. We loved traveling at our own pace and will do this trip again when we're back in Nevada. My only recommendation is making sure you have a full tank of gas before leaving Vegas. There aren't many options once you get into Arizona.