- Hoover Dam tour with Lake Mead cruise
- On the Hoover Dam Discovery Tour, take elevators 500 feet down into the walls of the Black Canyon
- 90-minute Lake Mead cruise
- Stop at the Ethel M Chocolate Factory
- Deli-style lunch included
- Hotel pickup and return included
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Discover the engineering marvel that is Hoover Dam before taking a 90-minute steamboat cruise on Lake Mead, the largest reservoir in the US. The stop at Ethel M's Chocolate Factory on the way back to Vegas is a sweet bonus!
Recent Photos of This Tour
- DSC00791Photo by: tanyamc32
- Hoover dam outletPhoto by: Kyle W
- A Day on the LakePhoto by: Tanya B
- Lake MeadPhoto by: Robert N
- Bypass bridgePhoto by: Robert N
- Monterey aquariumPhoto by: David B
- Viator Las Vegas Tour - Fun ...Photo by: C Tina J
- hoover damPhoto by: Dawn D
- hoover damPhoto by: Dawn D
- Power generatorsPhoto by: Jason J
- Hoover Dam intake towersPhoto by: Jason J
- Hoover Dam Water PipePhoto by: Jason J
- SMPhoto by: Sheryl M
- Great trip to Hoover dam with ...Photo by: Jane Carter
- MagnificantPhoto by: Trudy W
- Top of the Hoover DamPhoto by: Clive E
- Lake Mead Lunch CruisePhoto by: Craig
- The Dam @ NightPhoto by: Craig
- photohdPhoto by: ericlavins
What You Can Expect
While exploring on your own, head to the Theater Level, where there are murals, maps, photos and other displays that provide an introduction to the Hoover Dam. Watch a short presentation, "How the West was Won," that showcases the part that the Bureau of Reclamation played in taming the rivers, settling the West and growing the country’s food.
Next, you’ll visit the power plant generators on the guided Discovery Tour. To get there, you'll take the large elevators 500 feet down into the walls of the Black Canyon to walk through a 250-foot-long tunnel and view the 650-foot-long Nevada wing of the power plant and its eight huge generators. Stand on top of it at the Penstock Viewing Platform, where you can view one of the four 30-foot-diameter pipes that transport nearly 90,000 gallons of water each second from Lake Mead to the hydroelectric generators in the powerhouse.
After the Discovery Tour, visit the Exhibit Gallery, which highlights some of the natural history of the region and presents a picture of how the Hoover Dam was constructed and how it presently operates. From the Dam Overlook, you can soak in the beautiful panoramic view of the Dam, Lake Mead and the Colorado River.
Then it’s time to leave the heights of Hoover Dam and head down to the water’s level. At Lake Mead Marina, you’ll board the Desert Princess paddle-wheel steamboat for an approximate 90-minute cruise on Lake Mead. You’ll enjoy your deli-style lunch on board as you travel along Lake Mead and admire new views of Hoover Dam. On your way back to Las Vegas, you’ll stop at the Ethel M Chocolate Factory for a taste of chocolate.
Depending on local traffic, a 10-15 minute stop will be made at the iconic Welcome to Las Vegas sign for photo opportunities.
Please note: The listed price does not include a $5.00 per person processing fee, payable at the time of tour check-in
Our Hoover Dam Tour With Lake Mead Cruse, was to take a visitor staying with us to see the dam. She was from out of the country and this was one of the special tours for her visit. I can remember when Lake Mead was near the top of the white edge of the lake.
DESPITE THE 109 DEGREE DAY OUR TRIP WAS VERY PLEASANT AND ENJOYABLE. OUR DRIVER/GUIDE WAS EXCELLENT, FRIENDLY, AND VERY INFORMATIVE.
I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS TOUR TO MY FRIENDS.
Loved this tour especially the lake mead cruise which I really enjoyed, it took you up to the dam. Great value for money too.
Everything was perfect for this excursion. The men in our group would've like to stay at the dam longer, but it was long enough for me. The weather was lovely. Our tour guide, Mark, was very good and we learned a lot from him. Very nice tour.
enjoyed the day with my grandaughter- would recommend it
loved the trip, but didn't have enough time to see Hoover Dam. You could cut out the Chocolate factory, and
give more time to the dam. Lake Mead was awesome. Love the trip, Thank you so much
Excellent all round tour, awesome sights of the dam from the boat,
The Hoover Dam tour was very informative and we'll organized. Would recommend to everyone.
Driver Mark was excellent. Very much enjoyedbthentour,
Fabulous! I'll do it again!
$122.90 Save $28.91