- 6.5-hour day trip to the Hoover Dam from Las Vegas
- Walk on the spectacular Hoover Dam Bypass Bridge for an incredible view and one-of-a-kind photo adventure
- Take a Powerplant tour down into the walls of the Black Canyon
- Enjoy a 1-hour guided Walk on the Top tour to see the spillway
- Benefit from knowledgeable guides that provide a sightseeing tour with a difference
- Lunch and round-trip transport by minivan included
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
This tour is run by a local family that's super knowledgeable about Hoover Dam and Las Vegas. It's a comprehensive, small-group experience that includes a guided walking tour over the top of the dam for some incredible photo ops!
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Mike O'Callaghan – Pat ...Photo by: Martin M
- Hoover DamPhoto by: Kenneth G
USA, 12 2010
- Der Hooverdamm von obenPhoto by: Jörg H
- Top of the Hoover DamPhoto by: Robert L
- Tillman BridgePhoto by: Robert L
- Hoover damPhoto by: Robert L
- big horn sheep at parkPhoto by: Tad D
- from dam looking at bridgePhoto by: Tad D
- DAM its big !!!Photo by: Tad D
- WOW its BIG !!Photo by: Tad D
- OUR TOUR GUIDEPhoto by: Tad D
- view from bridge looking at ...Photo by: Tad D
- Lake Mead and the High Water ...Photo by: Noahsarkmama1
- Gorgeous View!Photo by: Noahsarkmama1
- Lake MeadPhoto by: Noahsarkmama1
- Top to Bottom View.Photo by: Noahsarkmama1
- Hoover Dam Family PhotoPhoto by: Noahsarkmama1
- Hoover DamPhoto by: Noahsarkmama1
- Bypass BridgePhoto by: Noahsarkmama1
- Great DAMPhoto by: FUNWLIFE
What You Can Expect
Start your 6.5-hour Hoover Dam tour with hotel pickup from selected Las Vegas hotels. Hop aboard the air-conditioned minivan for transport to Hoover Dam, an approximate 45-minute drive away. En route, your guide enlightens your small group with encyclopedic knowledge on all aspects of Hoover Dam and its history.
On arrival, you’ll begin with a Powerplant tour. Travel 524 feet (160 meters) into the walls of Black Canyon to view the Nevada Powerwing, generators and a 30-foot-diameter (9-meter) pipe inside one of the four diversion tunnels.
Next, head into the Hoover Dam Visitor Center where you can see the history of Hoover Dam and view numerous exhibits that explain how the dam was built, how it operates and who benefits from the water and electricity.
Then take a fully guided Walk on the Top tour — a comprehensive 45-minute walking tour over the top of the dam. Snap photographs of Lake Mead at the scenic Lake Mead Overlook before enjoying an early afternoon lunch at a restaurant on the way back to Las Vegas (see menu options below).
You’ll make a short but sweet stop at Ethel M's Chocolate Factory and hear Vegas trivia about Howard Hughes, the mafia and more before drop-off at selected hotels.
- Half fresh-baked turkey breast sandwich and homemade soup of the day
- Grilled chicken breast sandwich served with homemade cucumber salad
- BBQ pulled pork sandwich served with fries
- Boulder burger and fries (1/3 lb burger served with lettuce, tomato and condiments on the side)
- Avocado, lettuce, tomato and cheddar cheese sandwich on wheat bread, served with homemade cucumber salad
- Garden salad with cheddar cheese, tomatoes, olives, broccoli and sliced egg
Jason and John were great tour hosts. We had a great day. The Hoover Dam tour was fantastic as were most of the stories Jason told us and almost as unbelievable. We would recommend this tour to everyone. The small group experience is definitely better that a large coach tour.
Our tour guide Trevor was great. He kept us entertained and was very informative. We would highly recommend this t
Enjoyed our tour guy, Jason and the tour
Great tour. Made even better because Jason was our guide. just wished that the family from Denver joined the Chicago boys when we surrounded the other tour group and made alien noises...Jason would understand
Fantastic tour, Jason was a wealth of knowledge. Really glad we chose this tour over the other tour companies!!
The driver and guide were very informative and kept us all laughing to and from the dam. The surrounding area around the dam was beautiful desert mountains while the dam was a wonder to behold. The tour inside of the dam to tour the power plant was also very interesting. I would highly recommend it to anyone.
brilliant all the information given and really enjoyed the tour. Lunch not so good maybe more time at the dam or boulder city museum if your interested in the history.
Trevor was a great guide enjoyable kept everything organized everything flowed smoothly everyone enjoyed his humor and his knowledge of the Hoover Dam I would highly recommend this excursion for anyone
Tour guide and driver did a great job.
Trever the tour guide and Phill the driver were great thanks