Sample the pleasures of Launceston on this afternoon half-day tour. Follow the tranquil yet spectacular Tamar River amongst vineyards, bird havens, elegant country houses, fruit orchards and fishing villages - all set against the rolling hills of the Australian bush.
- Let Launceston charm you on this afternoon half-day tour
- Panoramic views of Tamar Valley from Brady's Lookout
- Plenty of photo opportunities
- Opportunity to purchase swiss delights from the lakeside Swiss Village
- Time to browse the antique galleries and art and craft stores
- English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup from centrally located Launceston hotels
What You Can Expect
You'll be picked up from your centrally located Launceston hotel to explore the historic village of Evandale, host to the internationally renowned Penny Farthing Bike Race. See some of Tasmania's best countryside and historic attractions, including a wonderful replica of the Grindelwald Swiss Village.
- Discover the highlights of Launceston
- Victorian streetscapes and historical architecture
- Follow the Tamar Valley North West of Launceston
- Pass through Riverside with its charming historic houses
- Tamar Island - an important habitat for waterbirds
- Look for black and white swans and seabirds feeding on the wetlands
- Panoramic views of the spectacular Tamar Valley
- Picturesque Grindelwald Swiss Village - a charming Swiss replica
- Lakeside Swiss Village - offering local craft, souvenirs and Swiss Chocolate (own expense)
- Tour the spectacular Tamar Valley and take in a panoramic overview from Brady's Lookout
- Beaconsfield - location of the mine collapse that occurred in 2006
- Visit the Beaconsfield Mine and Heritage Centre
- Interpretive, hands-on displays will engage, educate and remind you of how life used to be in the gold mine
Fantastic driver. Obviously knows a great deal about the history. Takes photos for you so that both of you can be in the picture. Thanks Viator best tour ever!
We were the only 2 people on the tour so we had more personalised service than we have ever had before. The bus driver very kindly let us stop at a fruit stand and art gallery because we had so much time available.