- 3-day tour of WWI battlefields in France and Belgium from Lille
- Visit historic battle sites including Pozières, Beaumont Hamel, the Salient, Ypres, Fromelles and Loos
- Hear enlightening facts and stories about WWI from ex-army personnel and battlefield guides
- Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodation in Ypres, with select meals included
- Small-group tour with numbers limited to 15 participants
What You Can Expect
I thoroughly enjoyed my 3 Day Battlefield Tour with Back Road Tours. The guide, Tony Wade, was excellent. His knowledge of the battles and general French/Belgian history was incomparable. The accommodation at the Kastelhoof was excellent and the locations and routes travelled - spot on.
This was one of the best tours we have ever taken. Tony Ward was an excellent guide and we would love to take another tour under his leadership - perhaps WWII battle sites next time. His depth of knowledge and experience leading this tour was exemplary - we had a diverse group and made an effort to be inclusive and relevant to all aboard. The accommodation in Ypers was superb - excellent food and very comfortable rooms. Situated on a battlefield site was amazing and added to the overall experience. We highly recommend this tour for anyone wanting an in-depth and informative accounting of WWI.