- 3-day tour of WWI battlefields in France and Belgium from Lille
- Visit historic battle sites including Pozières, Beaumont Hamel, the Salient, Ypres, Fromelles and Loos
- Hear enlightening facts and stories about WWI from ex-army personnel and battlefield guides
- Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodation in Ypres, with select meals included
- Small-group tour with numbers limited to 15 participants
What You Can Expect
This was one of the best tours we have ever taken. Tony Ward was an excellent guide and we would love to take another tour under his leadership - perhaps WWII battle sites next time. His depth of knowledge and experience leading this tour was exemplary - we had a diverse group and made an effort to be inclusive and relevant to all aboard. The accommodation in Ypers was superb - excellent food and very comfortable rooms. Situated on a battlefield site was amazing and added to the overall experience. We highly recommend this tour for anyone wanting an in-depth and informative accounting of WWI.
From the moment we arrived in Lille the night before our trip began I was delighted with the town and the vibrancy. we enjoyed a meal surrounded by a young crowd just enjoying themselves.
We found the 'meeting point' with ease and got talking to fellow group members immediately. Australians are without doubt friendly people to spend a few days with.
Our guide and driver, Tony, stamped his personality on us and we felt safe and privileged to be part of this tour. His knowledge and the way he put it over was awe inspiring.
WE thoroughly enjoyed our trip even though it was a trip into such sadness which bought our family history right up to date.