- 1.5-hour air tour over the Nazca Lines with transport from Lima
- Check out one of the most amazing and mysterious ancient attractions in Peru from the air
- Hear about the possible purposes of the drawings, which are believed to date back to around 400 AD
- Enjoy the view from your own window seat
- Round-trip transport from Lima included
What You Can Expect
At the airport, board your Cessna airplane and settle into your window seat (every passenger has one!). Then take off and fly over the World Heritage-listed geoglyphs, the most famous in the world. The high, arid plateau of the Nazca Desert reaches across more than 50 miles (80 km); its isolation and dry climate has helped to preserve the lines over time.
The spider is said to represent fertility and water, as this arachnid usually appeared before it was going to rain. The flamingo, condor and hummingbird represent the winter and summer solstices; their beaks point to the location of the sunrises and sunsets on the solstice days in Nazca.
During the 1.5-hour flight, you'll have plenty of time to view the one-of-a-kind artwork with great photo ops from the air! When your flight ends back at the airport, you'll have free time to get lunch on your own in Paracas (own expense) before being driven back to your original Lima pickup point.