- Private half-day city tour of Lima with shopping at the Indian Market
- Professional, English-speaking guide
- See the catacombs of the San Francisco Convent
- Enjoy an exclusive visit to the Casa Luna and see their beautiful Nativity scenes
- Shop for local Peruvian crafts at the popular Indian Market
- Complimentary hotel pickup and drop-off
What You Can Expect
You'll first stop at the San Francisco Convent, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, in the center of historic Lima. This was the first major church to be built in Lima and also houses a library which holds some of Peru's oldest and rarest books. Located below the church are the catacombs, Lima's first cemetery and the final resting place for an estimated 70,000 people.
Next you'll meet the owners of the Casa Luna, or Moon House, where you’ll see their unique collection of Nativity scenes. Traditionally from Spain, these elaborate dioramas show tiny human figurines, models of animals from the area and images of Christian saints and pre-Columbian deities.
Your last stop will be in Miraflores for shopping in the Mercado Indio (Indian Market). Browse and shop for colorful Peruvian handmade crafts and other local goods such as shawls, hand-carved wooden artifacts, alpaca throws and solid silver. Then, head back on a relaxing ride back to your Lima hotel.
Maribel (sp'g/) is an excellent tour guide and real nice person. We saw as lot in 4 hours and learned a lot.
She was very accommodating since we did not want the market visit part of the tour so she showed us some residential areas instead. Liz and Dave
Two of us and the guide. We even toured a private home in Lima.