- Cultural, historical and culinary walking tour of Lisbon
- See local life in the districts of Mouraria, Chiado and Barrio Alto
- Taste traditional pastries, cheese, seafood, wine and coffee (included)
- Take a short ferry trip to the south bank of the River Tagus
- Learn about the history, culture and lifestyle of Lisbon and Portugal
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people for a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Ferry a CacilhasPhoto by: Rafael Ordonez
Colombia, 08 2015
- Desde Barrio AltoPhoto by: Rafael Ordonez
Colombia, 08 2015
- Sofia handing out tasty ...Photo by: Sharlene E
- Lets eatPhoto by: Mary-Ann
- Why not have a tastePhoto by: Mary-Ann
- Our stop at the oldest ...Photo by: Robert L
- View of Old LisbonPhoto by: Robyn A
- Fruit Market Taste Stop LisbonPhoto by: Richard W
- Night life region by dayPhoto by: G M J
New Zealand, 09 2014
- Tour of Lisbon: At the and ...Photo by: Emilia
- hanging aroundPhoto by: Sam Ivan L
- awesome viewPhoto by: Sam Ivan L
- seafoodPhoto by: Sam Ivan L
- sunsetPhoto by: Sam Ivan L
- Portugal flagPhoto by: Sam Ivan L
- Porto WinePhoto by: Sam Ivan L
- ExpressoPhoto by: Sam Ivan L
- TartPhoto by: Sam Ivan L
- Port with marmalade and ...Photo by: Janet D
- Fantastic Tour!!!Photo by: Hannah F
What You Can Expect
Stroll to the multicultural neighborhood of Mouraria. Hear how this was traditionally a district home to Muslims and later Jews. Get a local feel as you explore the small churches, mosques, and charming international shops. Here, visit the birthplace of Maria Severa, the Queen of Fado, and learn about Portugal’s own musical genre that was inscribed in the UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage list in 2011.
Walk with your guide and discover a bakery tucked away from the crowds. Indulge a mouth-watering pastry with a hot coffee as your guide tells stories of Lisbon lore. Next, see the Neo-Manueline façade as you promenade past Rossio train station towards Rossio Square. At this 19th century historical square observe classic calcada Portuguesa stones assembled to resemble waves which may pay tribute to the devastating Lisbon earthquake of 1755.
As you make your way towards beautiful Carmo Square, see churches and other historical landmarks. Then, stop at cute shop and sample local marmalade and delicious Portuguese cheese. After a short walk, enjoy stunning views of Carmo Convent and short while later climb to the top of Santa Justa funicular. From this vantage point, stare out over Lisbon’s historic center.
Walk onward to the lively Chiado district and soak up the excitement of surrounding boutiques, classic bookstores, and trendy cafes. Then, see Lisbon’s best bars and the center of nightlife in the Barrio Alto district. Your tour reaches its climax aboard a short ferry ride of the River Tagus. Cruise to Cacilhas, rich with maritime heritage, and savor fresh seafood paired with Portuguese green wine. Capture stellar views of the Tagus River before you finish your meal and head back to central Lisbon where your tour ends.
Margherita and Helger were terrific guides. Fun tour, extremely informative and gave a true sense of the city. Yummy food.
Great value for money. Visited place we would never have found. Food great.
Excellent trip - not too much walking,Interesting and excellent guide
Pedro and Miguel were fantastic tour guides. They were professional, courteous, friendly and extremely knowledgeable . We were very lucky to have had such lovely guides and they really made our first day in Lisbon memorable. They had a challenge with 3 slightly mad women, but they made us feel so welcome and no question was too silly or a problem, we never felt rushed and had a great time. This tour enabled us to visit places we would not normally see and it gave us a really good understanding of the city. Thank you Pedro and Miguel for your patience and humour. Sarah, Donna and Mandy.
The tour of Lisbon with Sofia was one of the highlights of our stay in Lisbon! For me it was the 3rd visit to Lisbon - the other two were a long time ago - for my husband the 2nd. The city has changed since then, is more buzzling, more a European capital than 20 years ago. Nevertheless the city stll has its special atmosphere, which Sofia showed us on our walk. She took us to places which I haven't seen before. A special treat were the stops on the way where we tasted all kinds of food and drinks typical for Lisbon. A very good value for mones!
A wonderful tour very informative and so enjoyable with exceptional guide
Great guide and great tour. Would highly recommend to anyone.
You learn about the city and get to enjoy all the amazing food the city has to offer. Would definitely recommend this!
Fantastic tour. Margarida was brilliant. Thoroughly recommend this tour even if you've only got a short stay in Lisbon, it gives you a good intro to the city and allows you to get your bearings around the city quicker. A few suggestions of where to go by Margarida were priceless the suggestions were the highlight of our trip. Margarida was able to give us the background information on buildings, history, food and wine that you can not get from any guide book. Worth every penny
Fantastic tour guide, named Pedro, who was knowledgeable and enjoyed his job of showing us the city of Lisbon. We ate little snacks everywhere and ended up spending 6 hours together! The final meal was lovely with green wine that was delightful. I purchased a 2nd glass in order to have change to tip the guide. Pedro was just so awesome!