- Cultural, historical and culinary walking tour of Lisbon
- See local life in the districts of Mouraria, Chiado and Barrio Alto
- Taste traditional pastries, cheese, seafood, wine and coffee (included)
- Take a short ferry trip to the south bank of the River Tagus
- Learn about the history, culture and lifestyle of Lisbon and Portugal
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people for a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Ferry a CacilhasPhoto by: Rafael Ordonez
Colombia, 08 2015
- Desde Barrio AltoPhoto by: Rafael Ordonez
Colombia, 08 2015
- Sofia handing out tasty ...Photo by: Sharlene E
- Lets eatPhoto by: Mary-Ann
- Why not have a tastePhoto by: Mary-Ann
- Our stop at the oldest ...Photo by: Robert L
- View of Old LisbonPhoto by: Robyn A
- Fruit Market Taste Stop LisbonPhoto by: Richard W
- Night life region by dayPhoto by: G M J
New Zealand, 09 2014
- Tour of Lisbon: At the and ...Photo by: Emilia
- hanging aroundPhoto by: Sam Ivan L
- awesome viewPhoto by: Sam Ivan L
- seafoodPhoto by: Sam Ivan L
- sunsetPhoto by: Sam Ivan L
- Portugal flagPhoto by: Sam Ivan L
- Porto WinePhoto by: Sam Ivan L
- ExpressoPhoto by: Sam Ivan L
- TartPhoto by: Sam Ivan L
- Port with marmalade and ...Photo by: Janet D
- Fantastic Tour!!!Photo by: Hannah F
What You Can Expect
Stroll to the multicultural neighborhood of Mouraria. Hear how this was traditionally a district home to Muslims and later Jews. Get a local feel as you explore the small churches, mosques, and charming international shops. Here, visit the birthplace of Maria Severa, the Queen of Fado, and learn about Portugal’s own musical genre that was inscribed in the UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage list in 2011.
Walk with your guide and discover a bakery tucked away from the crowds. Indulge a mouth-watering pastry with a hot coffee as your guide tells stories of Lisbon lore. Next, see the Neo-Manueline façade as you promenade past Rossio train station towards Rossio Square. At this 19th century historical square observe classic calcada Portuguesa stones assembled to resemble waves which may pay tribute to the devastating Lisbon earthquake of 1755.
As you make your way towards beautiful Carmo Square, see churches and other historical landmarks. Then, stop at cute shop and sample local marmalade and delicious Portuguese cheese. After a short walk, enjoy stunning views of Carmo Convent and short while later climb to the top of Santa Justa funicular. From this vantage point, stare out over Lisbon’s historic center.
Walk onward to the lively Chiado district and soak up the excitement of surrounding boutiques, classic bookstores, and trendy cafes. Then, see Lisbon’s best bars and the center of nightlife in the Barrio Alto district. Your tour reaches its climax aboard a short ferry ride of the River Tagus. Cruise to Cacilhas, rich with maritime heritage, and savor fresh seafood paired with Portuguese green wine. Capture stellar views of the Tagus River before you finish your meal and head back to central Lisbon where your tour ends.
An amazing experience and great value. Wonderful introduction to the city!
Great day walking in Lisbon....and tasting the food and drink. Loved the ferry ride across the river and the seafood on the other side. Guide was personable and informative and fun.
Miguel was full of fun and interesting information about Lisbon. This tour was long and informative, but we had plenty of short breaks to take in the scenery and relax between sights. Highly recommend.
Despite a rainy day, Pedro and Rebecca provided an interesting and fun introduction to central Lisbon through walking, wine, beer and food. Pedro was skilled at relating Lisbon's history to current affairs, making this a great way to spend a day immersed in this beautiful city. The ferry ride across the Tagus for lunch was a highlight of the trip. Both Pedro and Rebecca were very generous with their time and travel tips. I highly recommend this tour.
Our tour guide, Margarietta, was the best, great and informative walking tour with traditional food tasting along the way. Recommend that this be you first tour while in Lisbon, as it clearly helps you navigate the old city and gives you a great frame of reference. Margarietta is EXCELLENT
Great introduction to Lisbon. Informative, entertaining and the food was good.
excellent tour and guide. saw the best of Lisbon with great tastes of local fate and drinks more than we could have excpected. wonderful value a real experience thankyou
Pedro did a great job.He is articulate, amusing and caring.He generously turned a 4 hour tour into A six hour one.
Great way to start our visit to Portugal. Excellent guide and a great itinerary.
Great tour with a very knowledgeable guide, Miguel. Lovely walking, talking relaxed tour . Very informative and fun; we got to taste typical Portugese food and drink as well as learn a lot about the history of Portugal. Well worth it as the tour lasted well over 4 hours . Nice group of people too.