- Cultural, historical and culinary walking tour of Lisbon
- See local life in the districts of Mouraria, Chiado and Barrio Alto
- Taste traditional pastries, cheese, seafood, wine and coffee (included)
- Take a short ferry trip to the south bank of the River Tagus
- Learn about the history, culture and lifestyle of Lisbon and Portugal
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people for a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Ferry a CacilhasPhoto by: Rafael Ordonez
Colombia, 08 2015
- Desde Barrio AltoPhoto by: Rafael Ordonez
Colombia, 08 2015
- Sofia handing out tasty ...Photo by: Sharlene E
- Lets eatPhoto by: Mary-Ann
- Why not have a tastePhoto by: Mary-Ann
- Our stop at the oldest ...Photo by: Robert L
- View of Old LisbonPhoto by: Robyn A
- Fruit Market Taste Stop LisbonPhoto by: Richard W
- Night life region by dayPhoto by: G M J
New Zealand, 09 2014
- Tour of Lisbon: At the and ...Photo by: Emilia
- hanging aroundPhoto by: Sam Ivan L
- awesome viewPhoto by: Sam Ivan L
- seafoodPhoto by: Sam Ivan L
- sunsetPhoto by: Sam Ivan L
- Portugal flagPhoto by: Sam Ivan L
- Porto WinePhoto by: Sam Ivan L
- ExpressoPhoto by: Sam Ivan L
- TartPhoto by: Sam Ivan L
- Port with marmalade and ...Photo by: Janet D
- Fantastic Tour!!!Photo by: Hannah F
What You Can Expect
Stroll to the multicultural neighborhood of Mouraria. Hear how this was traditionally a district home to Muslims and later Jews. Get a local feel as you explore the small churches, mosques, and charming international shops. Here, visit the birthplace of Maria Severa, the Queen of Fado, and learn about Portugal’s own musical genre that was inscribed in the UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage list in 2011.
Walk with your guide and discover a bakery tucked away from the crowds. Indulge a mouth-watering pastry with a hot coffee as your guide tells stories of Lisbon lore. Next, see the Neo-Manueline façade as you promenade past Rossio train station towards Rossio Square. At this 19th century historical square observe classic calcada Portuguesa stones assembled to resemble waves which may pay tribute to the devastating Lisbon earthquake of 1755.
As you make your way towards beautiful Carmo Square, see churches and other historical landmarks. Then, stop at cute shop and sample local marmalade and delicious Portuguese cheese. After a short walk, enjoy stunning views of Carmo Convent and short while later climb to the top of Santa Justa funicular. From this vantage point, stare out over Lisbon’s historic center.
Walk onward to the lively Chiado district and soak up the excitement of surrounding boutiques, classic bookstores, and trendy cafes. Then, see Lisbon’s best bars and the center of nightlife in the Barrio Alto district. Your tour reaches its climax aboard a short ferry ride of the River Tagus. Cruise to Cacilhas, rich with maritime heritage, and savor fresh seafood paired with Portuguese green wine. Capture stellar views of the Tagus River before you finish your meal and head back to central Lisbon where your tour ends.
This tour is a great way to begin your stay in Lisbon. My guide Margarida was both knowledgeable and passionate about her country. Learning details of buildings you would otherwise just walk past, and being taught the Portugese culture was wonderful. I feel I learned a lot, and was happy to be directed to great restaurants and other sites to see.
Rachel K USA
Best part of my Lisbon vacation. Margarita was a fantastic guide. She took us to the best places for food and wine tastings. Answered endless questions from everyone in the group and was just so nice. She also provided many helpful tips about other things to see, where to shop and how to get around. I can't recommend this tour enough! Should be the first thing you do when you get to Lisbon.
Great tour well worth the money paid
I cannot recommend this tour enough. It really is the best way to see Lisbon. Our guide Sophia was fantastic, she was very informative and took us to lots of great places. Lots of food and drink tastings and some beautiful views of the city. Also very good value for money.
We liked the walkingtour very much, perfect guide,Martha and a good
balanced program, walking and tasting.
Steven and Renee
Recommend this guided tour.... If you are looking to take a walk about central Lisbon and see some of the important sights and get a bit of a taste of popular food items, you will enjoy this Walking Tour. We had a personable and knowledgable guide who led on this fun half day tour.
This was the best way to start our stay in Lisbon the guide was very friendly and knowledgably of the area. We had a lot of fun
One of the best tours taken. Our guide was awesome and provided much detail and recommendations which were really good.
This tour was outstanding. Our tour guide Pedro was excellent. We traveled throughout Lisbon's neighborhoods, stopping at various food locales to sample the local delicacies and meet the people. It was delightful. Food and wines were delicious and I enjoyed all aspects of the tour. There were just 7 people on our tour so it was intimate and we all got to know one another which made the tour even more special. I would recommend this tour to anyone!
We had a great time. It was worth walking around the city. Enjoyed a lot.