- Small-group guided walking tour of Lisbon (limited to 20 people)
- Visit Sé de Lisboa cathedral, the Eden Theatre, Foz Palace and Rossio Central Station
- Walk around Lisbon's oldest district, Alfama, and the elegant Chiado neighborhood
- Enjoy a short trip aboard one of the oldest trams in Lisbon
- Learn about Fado (a type of music) and the city's history and culture
Recent Photos of This Tour
- dom pedro squarePhoto by: C S
Netherlands, 03 2012
- Google mapsPhoto by: Henri S
- FirePhoto by: Henri S
- Central spotPhoto by: Henri S
- LisbonPhoto by: saad.choudhury007
- Plaza RossioPhoto by: REYNALDO M
- Licor típico de LisboaPhoto by: Juan Manuel C
- Plaza del ComercioPhoto by: Juan Manuel C
- Santo António Church ...Photo by: Kathleen H
- Praca do RossioPhoto by: Kathleen H
- Local street art in AlfamaPhoto by: Christopher G
- TRANVÍAPhoto by: MARIA BEGOÑA M
- Rossio SquarePhoto by: Sara T
- Charming back alleysPhoto by: Kay
- Longest Operating Bookshop is ...Photo by: Kay
- streetcarPhoto by: C S
Netherlands, 03 2012
What You Can Expect
Continue your Lisbon city walk to Liberdade Avenue, where you can observe Portuguese art deco architecture like the 18th-century Foz Palace and the Eden Theatre. Nearby, visit the Rossio Central Station and listen as a train heads into the 1.61-mile (2.6 km) tunnel towards Sintra. Hear how this 19th century engineering marvel was built and stands as one of Portugal’s most impressive accomplishments.
Next, head to historic Carmo Square, home of the 1974 Carnation Revolution. Here, learn how Portugal’s previous dictatorial regime collapsed after a 48-year rule. Stroll onward to reach the charming Chiado neighborhood full of boutiques, theaters, bookstores and vintage cafés. Explore this chic quarter while stopping for a coffee (own expense) or popping into a store for a peruse the souvenirs. Shortly thereafter, rendezvous with your guide for a fun ride on Lisbon’s classic tram.
Hop off at Alfama, an old quarter, known for its Moorish heritage and the establishment of Fado. Learn about Portugal’s melancholic music as you walk by Fado restaurants tucked in between alleys and winding streets.
Finally, arrive at Lisbon’s oldest cathedral, Sé de Lisboa. Snap some beautiful photos and then walk to the your last stop, the majestic Commerce Square (Praça do Comércio). Hear how the reception hall was used to welcome travelers arriving from the Atlantic, before your tour concludes and you continue exploring on your own.
Hedler was very nice and knowledgeable. He was patient , answered all our questions. We had a great time.
Great tour, great tour guide! Wish I could have done it as soon as I arrived in Lisbon but no openings.
The guide was very interesting and fun. I learned so much, and enjoyed it immensely. Highly recommend it.
This tour was EXCELLENT!! Our tour guide Tiego was fantastic!
Tour guide was very knowledgeable of the historical events around Lisbon. She was very kind and willing to answer questions. Would recommend to a friend!
Absolutely made up, we have booked it for day 1 and couldn't be more happy that we did it. Lots of useful information, tips and advises, Rebecca was great, very patient with us as we were one small but needy group. : Thank you!
The guide and the tour were above my expectations A small group 4 and a new Mercedes van
This was a great introduction to the city - the tour was about 4 hours and we hit all the
high-lights. Our guide was Pedro and he did an excellent job....well worth the money
and time...would certainly recommend. CBT - USA
It was really great tour! Pedro is amazing tour guide. I did this tour in my first day in Lisbon. And it was really informative and I fell in love with this city. It includes tasting pastel de nata and wine testing. I will recommend this tour to everyone! Thank you!
Our guide Tiago was wonderful - funny, informative. He obviously knows and care a great deal about his city of Lisbon. Would certainly recommend this tour.
Thoroughly enjoyed this tour,we were a small group of 7 which was good. The tour had a bit of everything, history,including a tram ride, local food, shops, and it was just the right amount of time, our guide was Tiago and he was fantastic! Thankyou for a wonderful experience