- Full-day private shore excursion to Lisbon, Sesimbra and Azeitao
- Visit the Castle of St George and the Moorish quarter of Alfama in Lisbon
- Travel to Sesimbra and admire sweeping coastal views from Cabo Espichel
- Sip on southern Portuguese wine in an Azeitao ceramic tile factory
- Pose for photos by Lisbon’s Monument to Christ on the banks of the Tagus River
- Enjoy personalized attention from a private guide
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
Head to the city’s highest hill – Colina de São Jorge do Castelo – to visit the Castle of St George, a magnificent Moorish building that dominates the city spread at its feet. Gaze in awe at the views and learn about the fortified castle in medieval days. On the southern slopes of the hill is the Moorish quarter of Alfama, so enjoy a stroll down to it, admiring its historical architecture and quaint cobbled streets.
Return to your vehicle and travel south to Sesimbra, an unspoiled fishing village fronted by one of the longest sandy beaches in Portugal. Visit Cabo Espichel, a breathtaking cape just to the west of the village, and soak up views of its cliffs plunging dramatically into the Atlantic Ocean. Spend some time at leisure here to admire the scenery and enjoy lunch (own expense).
Continue traveling further into the Portuguese countryside just south of Lisbon. Your afternoon’s destination is Azeitao, a pretty village nestled in the Setubal region at the foot of the Arrabia Hills. Azeitao’s best-known exports are handmade ceramic tiles and red wine, and you’ll get to know both during a wine-tasting session at a handmade tile factory. Learn of the time-honored craft of tile making while sipping on the fruity-toned Azeitao wine.
Return to Lisbon and stop to see the city’s Monument to Christ, a 360-foot (110-meter) statue of Jesus that’s said to be based on Rio de Janeiro’s Christ the Redeemer. Pose for photos against the backdrop of the Tagus River, and then say your goodbyes to your private guide at the Port of Lisbon.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Lisbon port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.