Book this tour and save up to 10% compared to booking the tours separately.
- Discover both Lisbon and Fátima with two best-selling tours at one discounted price
- Explore Lisbon's Alfama district on a guided walking tour
- See Lisbon’s beautiful Belém Tower, the Monument to the Discoveries and the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Jerónimos Monastery
- Enjoy a Port wine tasting at a local Lisbon shop
- Take a half-day tour to Fátima to see the Chapel of Apparitions, which celebrates the 1917 apparition of the Virgin Mary
- Visit Our Lady of Fátima Sanctuary and have free time to attend mass, if you wish
What You Can Expect
Meet your guide in central Lisbon or get picked up from your Lisbon hotel, and relax on a comfortable coach ride to the Alfama district. Enjoy a guided walking tour of this Moorish neighborhood, the oldest in Lisbon and the birthplace of Fado, Portugal's own music genre. Next, stop at a local shop to sample Portugal's famous Port wine (included).
Back on your coach, take in views of the Tagus River as you continue to the Belém district. Here, see Belém Tower and the Monument to the Discoveries, and visit the Jerónimos Monastery, a UNESCO World Heritage Site built in the 16th century.
Continue to the Coach Museum (entrance included), which showcases luxury coaches built for the aristocracy, and then have free time for lunch (own expense); try some local delicacies like salted cod or veil. Your guide will recommend some great places according to your preferences.
Fátima Half-Day Trip (Afternoon)
After lunch, hop back on your coach and sit back as you take in views of the Portuguese countryside on the drive to Fátima, an important Catholic pilgrimage site since 1917, when three shepherd children claimed to have seen an apparition of the Virgin Mary, also known as Our Lady of Fátima.
When you arrive, visit Our Lady of Fátima Sanctuary with your guide and see the Chapel of Apparitions, where the Virgin Mary appeared. Then, enjoy free time to explore the site at your own pace and attend mass, if you wish (and if tour time allows).
On the way back to Lisbon, admire more views of the Portuguese countryside.
Very nice trip, we saw many beautiful places in Lisbon and visited Fatima
Overall I would have been better to get the Hop On Hop Off bus ticket and not the half day tour. The other half to Fatima was good but the coach could have been bigger as all seats were full.