- Day trip from Lisbon to the towns of Óbidos, Nazaré, Batalha and Fátima
- Visit two UNESCO World Heritage Sites – Batalha Monastery and the Monastery of Santa Maria d'Alcobaça
- Explore the beautiful medieval village of Óbidos with your expert guide
- Enjoy free time to visit the Sanctuary of Fátima, which celebrates the 1917 apparition of the Virgin Mary
- Take in views of the Atlantic Ocean and the Portuguese countryside
- Enjoy a traditional Portuguese lunch in Nazaré, a quaint fishing town (included)
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
See four charming and historical towns on this tour that includes all entrance fees and a nice restaurant lunch. You'll learn lots about the region and have some free time at the famous Fatima pilgrimage site.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Obidos streetPhoto by: Anonymous
- ObidosPhoto by: wilma.midheij
- Mooie binnenkomer in het ...Photo by: wilma.midheij
- P1070200Photo by: Sunny Y
- Batalha ChurchPhoto by: SAU KING M
- She is the bestPhoto by: Alphonso A
- Fatima - enough time to ...Photo by: Patrick S
- Batalha - facade of the ...Photo by: Patrick S
- Nazare - a view from the beachPhoto by: Patrick S
- From where the city got its ...Photo by: Patrick S
- Inside the MonasteryPhoto by: Patrick S
- Ginza - the traditional drinkPhoto by: Patrick S
- Obidos - view from the wallPhoto by: Patrick S
- Obidos - overhead artwork ...Photo by: Patrick S
- Kloster AlcobacaPhoto by: Margaretha S
- Obidos townPhoto by: R The Traveler
- Basilica of AlcobacaPhoto by: R The Traveler
- NazarePhoto by: R The Traveler
- Basilica of FatimaPhoto by: R The Traveler
- Fatima: Site of apparition of ...Photo by: R The Traveler
What You Can Expect
Next, head to Alcobaça to visit the famous Monastery of Santa Maria d'Alcobaça, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the biggest Gothic-style church in Portugal. Continue to Nazaré, a colorful and traditional fishing villages. Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant (included), and then explore the streets of this popular Portuguese summer retreat.
Hop back on your coach for the drive through the beautiful Portuguese agricultural countryside, and stop at Sítio for wonderful views of the Atlantic Ocean and the pretty beaches. You’ll soon arrive in Batalha, a cute town home to the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Batalha Monastery, which you’ll visit with your guide. See the intricate architecture and beautiful stained-glass windows of this Gothic masterpiece.
Continue to Fátima, once a sleepy rural village that became an important pilgrimage site in 1917 when three shepherd children reported apparitions of the Virgin Mary, also known as Our Lady of Fátima (Nossa Senhora de Fátima). Enjoy free time to visit the Sanctuary of Fátima, a basilica that honors the apparition and attracts millions of Catholic pilgrims every year who go to pay their respects to the shrine.
As you leave Fátima for the drive back to Lisbon, stop in nearby Ajulstrel to see the houses of the three shepherd children to whom the vision of Our Lady of Fátima appeared.
Excellent trip. The guide was fantastic and very helpful. I would strongly recommend this trip to anyone visiting Lisbon.
Outstanding tour, noting to write about. The tour speaks for itself
Excellent tour that packs a LOT into one day! We had a great time. WELL worth the time and money.
Our guide was entertaining and informative. The Tapas were very good and plenty of food to be dinner.
Excellent tour and very good value for money. The included meal was of a very high standard. The tour guide was very knowledgeable. Thoroughly enjoyed all the stops and the timings at each place was just right.
to see is to believe very special place to see
This was a great day, Paula our guide was excellent translating as we drove in 3 languages, she did not stop. Sights were sooo beautiful, lunch was great and restaurant hosts were so accommodating, kept coming back to offer seconds. Coach was comfortable and air conditioned. I had been before by car but would recommend this trip above driving yourself. Only thing I could fault was the visit to Nazare was just a drive through so it's beauty was not really captured which was a shame to those who were there for the first time. I would have liked to walk the fishing village a little but there was only a stop for photo and back on the bus, everything else was very good.
It was a great day traveling and see the different cities. Even the lunch was such a treat- a great day traveling outside of Lisbon
Guide was very good to have been talking and doing guided tour the whole way of the trip in many languages!! Driver and tour guide were hospitable and were flexible. Love the lunch! Value for money, and very historical trip.
Great circuit, excellent guide.