- Day trip from Lisbon to the towns of Óbidos, Nazaré, Batalha and Fátima
- Visit two UNESCO World Heritage Sites – Batalha Monastery and the Monastery of Santa Maria d'Alcobaça
- Explore the beautiful medieval village of Óbidos with your expert guide
- Enjoy free time to visit the Sanctuary of Fátima, which celebrates the 1917 apparition of the Virgin Mary
- Take in views of the Atlantic Ocean and the Portuguese countryside
- Upgrade for a traditional Portuguese lunch in Nazaré, a quaint fishing town
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
See four charming and historical towns on this tour that includes all entrance fees and upgrade for a nice restaurant lunch. You'll learn lots about the region and have some free time at the famous Fatima pilgrimage site.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Obidos streetPhoto by: Anonymous
- ObidosPhoto by: wilma.midheij
- Mooie binnenkomer in het ...Photo by: wilma.midheij
- P1070200Photo by: Sunny Y
- Batalha ChurchPhoto by: SAU KING M
- She is the bestPhoto by: Alphonso A
- Fatima - enough time to ...Photo by: Patrick S
- Batalha - facade of the ...Photo by: Patrick S
- Nazare - a view from the beachPhoto by: Patrick S
- From where the city got its ...Photo by: Patrick S
- Inside the MonasteryPhoto by: Patrick S
- Ginza - the traditional drinkPhoto by: Patrick S
- Obidos - view from the wallPhoto by: Patrick S
- Obidos - overhead artwork ...Photo by: Patrick S
- Kloster AlcobacaPhoto by: Margaretha S
- Obidos townPhoto by: R The Traveler
- Basilica of AlcobacaPhoto by: R The Traveler
- NazarePhoto by: R The Traveler
- Basilica of FatimaPhoto by: R The Traveler
- Fatima: Site of apparition of ...Photo by: R The Traveler
What You Can Expect
Next, head to Alcobaça to visit the famous Monastery of Santa Maria d'Alcobaça, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the biggest Gothic-style church in Portugal. Continue to Nazaré, a colorful and traditional fishing villages. Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant (if option selected), and then explore the streets of this popular Portuguese summer retreat.
Hop back on your coach for the drive through the beautiful Portuguese agricultural countryside, and stop at Sítio for wonderful views of the Atlantic Ocean and the pretty beaches. You’ll soon arrive in Batalha, a cute town home to the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Batalha Monastery, which you’ll visit with your guide. See the intricate architecture and beautiful stained-glass windows of this Gothic masterpiece.
Continue to Fátima, once a sleepy rural village that became an important pilgrimage site in 1917 when three shepherd children reported apparitions of the Virgin Mary, also known as Our Lady of Fátima (Nossa Senhora de Fátima). Enjoy free time to visit the Sanctuary of Fátima, a basilica that honors the apparition and attracts millions of Catholic pilgrims every year who go to pay their respects to the shrine.
As you leave Fátima for the drive back to Lisbon, stop in nearby Ajulstrel to see the houses of the three shepherd children to whom the vision of Our Lady of Fátima appeared.
Great way to see Obidos, Alcobaca, Nazare, Batalha and Fatima in a well paced day. Excellent lunch with fellow travelers from Italy, Germany and Australia. Note that if you're interested in more beach time in Nazare you can skip the lunch.
Excellent tour -- well paced.
Apart from the religious significance of Fatima, the wonderful architecture of the monasteries we visited and the old town of Obidos remain etched.
The included lunch at Batalha was superb with excellent selection of cheese and wine.
Best tour we've done!
So many wonderful places to visit and rich in history from our knowledgeable guide.
Rhonda T USA
This tour was wonderful! Obidos is a beautiful city ad monasteries are fantastic. I would totally recommend this tour.
Excellent trip. The guide was fantastic and very helpful. I would strongly recommend this trip to anyone visiting Lisbon.
Outstanding tour, noting to write about. The tour speaks for itself
Excellent tour that packs a LOT into one day! We had a great time. WELL worth the time and money.
Our guide was entertaining and informative. The Tapas were very good and plenty of food to be dinner.
Excellent tour and very good value for money. The included meal was of a very high standard. The tour guide was very knowledgeable. Thoroughly enjoyed all the stops and the timings at each place was just right.