- Day trip from Lisbon to the historic and beautiful towns of Sintra and Cascais
- Discover the natural wonders of Pena Park and Sintra Natural Park
- Visit Pena National Palace and Sintra National Palace
- See the cliffs of Roca Cape, the westernmost point of continental Europe
- Enjoy a scenic drive along the Atlantic coast, including free time at Cascais Beach
- Small-group walking tour limited to 8 people for a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
- DSCN0205Photo by: maf1256
- DSCN0175Photo by: maf1256
- New vs oldPhoto by: Pui Shan C
- Pena Palace 1Photo by: Pui Shan C
- Take me back!Photo by: Michael J
- CastlePhoto by: Michael J
- Pena Palace - CascaisPhoto by: Michael J
- View from Sintra CastlePhoto by: Gretchen P
- Sintra CastlePhoto by: Gretchen P
- CoastPhoto by: Katy K
- SintraPhoto by: Katy K
- Pena PalacePhoto by: Jo-Ann C
- CascaisPhoto by: saad.choudhury007
- IMG_0202Photo by: Anthony M
- Convent of ChristPhoto by: Heidi S
- Cabo da RocaPhoto by: pellen88
- Cabo da RocaPhoto by: pellen88
- SintraPhoto by: pellen88
- Palacio de Pena SintraPhoto by: pellen88
- Palace at SintraPhoto by: Cyrl D
What You Can Expect
Continue to Pena National Palace, the most famous of Sintra’s monuments, located at the top of Sintra Mountain. Enjoy this 19th-century Romanticist castle that looks and feels like a fairy tale. Admire its eclectic Neo-Manueline, Neo-Gothic and Neo-Renaissance styles as you head inside. Observe the extravagant bedrooms that used to serve as a summer residence for the royal family.
Depart the palace and stroll with your guide to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Sintra. Spend some free time to have lunch or discover the town’s forested palaces like Sintra National Palace, a medieval royal palace occupied from the 15th to 19th centuries (own expense). Check out the local fare with tastes of aqueijada or travesseiro, two scrumptious and traditional pastries.
Meet back with your guide and travel to Sintra Natural Park. Along the way, pass by Seteais Palace, Quinta da Regaleira and the Palace of Monserrate. Then, whip out your camera for great photos at the rocky bluffs of Roca Cape (Cabo da Roca), Europe’s westernmost point. Briefly, visit Guincho Beach where surfers shred the gnar and then cruise by Hell’s Mouth (Boca do Inferno). Finally, make your way to Cascais’ bay for a walk.
In the former fishing town of Cascais, peruse the narrow streets of this trendy vacation getaway with your guide. Check out classic white, terracotta-roofed houses as you make your way to the beach. Then, bask in the sun as you tuck your toes into the golden sands and gaze over the expansive Atlantic Ocean.
Along the journey back to central Lisbon, where your tour concludes, enjoy pristine views of the scenic town of Estoril.
Really enjoyed the day, guide excellent, everything explained clearly, first experience of viator will definitely use again.
This trip was a wonderful day out. I cannot recommend the views and the castle experience enough! - as well as the chance to explore Sintra and Cascais. My tour guide was absolutely wonderful and it truly made our trip to Lisbon even better.
Excellent day, our guide was a lovely guy called Edgar who shared his local knowledge with the group. Well worth the effort and money as you see places that you wouldn't normally experience unless you had hired a car. 4 of us in the group wanted to see the underground well, even though it wasn't on our tour Edgar dropped us at the entrance and arranged to meet us in the local square in Sintra later.
A wonderful trip! Highly recommend! Great guide.
Great experience with an amazing guide. Loved the small group aspect
Sintra is a fairy tale place we would not want to have missed. We especially liked the small group tour and very knowledgeable and personable guide.
Sintra and Cascais are amazing places to see! Our tour guide, Abel, was great. He really made our trip enjoyable.
Christophe was an incredible guide and was very knowledgeable. I highly recommend this day trip!
What a fabulous day! Our first stop was Cascais with a lovely beach and great shopping. Next stop was Cabo Da Roca, Europe and #39;s most western point. We had lunch in Sintra with some of our small group. We ended the tour at the beautiful Pena Palace! Christof our guide was friendly and informative. :-)
This was a great full day tour that I very happy go for it ! Thanks!