- Day trip from Lisbon to the historic and beautiful towns of Sintra and Cascais
- Discover the natural wonders of Pena Park and Sintra Natural Park
- Visit Pena National Palace and Sintra National Palace
- See the cliffs of Roca Cape, the westernmost point of continental Europe
- Enjoy a scenic drive along the Atlantic coast, including free time at Cascais Beach
- Small-group walking tour limited to 8 people for a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
- DSCN0205Photo by: maf1256
- DSCN0175Photo by: maf1256
- New vs oldPhoto by: Pui Shan C
- Pena Palace 1Photo by: Pui Shan C
- Take me back!Photo by: Michael J
- CastlePhoto by: Michael J
- Pena Palace - CascaisPhoto by: Michael J
- View from Sintra CastlePhoto by: Gretchen P
- Sintra CastlePhoto by: Gretchen P
- CoastPhoto by: Katy K
- SintraPhoto by: Katy K
- Pena PalacePhoto by: Jo-Ann C
- CascaisPhoto by: saad.choudhury007
- IMG_0202Photo by: Anthony M
- Convent of ChristPhoto by: Heidi S
- Cabo da RocaPhoto by: pellen88
- Cabo da RocaPhoto by: pellen88
- SintraPhoto by: pellen88
- Palacio de Pena SintraPhoto by: pellen88
- Palace at SintraPhoto by: Cyrl D
What You Can Expect
Continue to Pena National Palace, the most famous of Sintra’s monuments, located at the top of Sintra Mountain. Enjoy this 19th-century Romanticist castle that looks and feels like a fairy tale. Admire its eclectic Neo-Manueline, Neo-Gothic and Neo-Renaissance styles as you head inside. Observe the extravagant bedrooms that used to serve as a summer residence for the royal family.
Depart the palace and stroll with your guide to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Sintra. Spend some free time to have lunch or discover the town’s forested palaces like Sintra National Palace, a medieval royal palace occupied from the 15th to 19th centuries (own expense). Check out the local fare with tastes of aqueijada or travesseiro, two scrumptious and traditional pastries.
Meet back with your guide and travel to Sintra Natural Park. Along the way, pass by Seteais Palace, Quinta da Regaleira and the Palace of Monserrate. Then, whip out your camera for great photos at the rocky bluffs of Roca Cape (Cabo da Roca), Europe’s westernmost point. Briefly, visit Guincho Beach where surfers shred the gnar and then cruise by Hell’s Mouth (Boca do Inferno). Finally, make your way to Cascais’ bay for a walk.
In the former fishing town of Cascais, peruse the narrow streets of this trendy vacation getaway with your guide. Check out classic white, terracotta-roofed houses as you make your way to the beach. Then, bask in the sun as you tuck your toes into the golden sands and gaze over the expansive Atlantic Ocean.
Along the journey back to central Lisbon, where your tour concludes, enjoy pristine views of the scenic town of Estoril.
We had a great time we loved the castle and then the little town near by was amazing. We enjoyed the Bakery and also the Port shop.
The views from the top of the castle are amazing.
Our guide was very knowledgeable and also gave us other facts abut Portugal as well. It was a good combination of guided tour and also some free time to look on our own. Highly recommend.
This tour was great! Very happy I was able to see the magical city of Sintra and the beaches of Cascais. It was a nice way to escape the busy and crowded city of Lisbon for a day. Also, really enjoyed the small group setting.
Tiago was a wonderful guide!
Although it rained a lot, we really enjoyed this tour....
Spectacular sites to visit...
Being in a small group makes the tour more enjoyable...
The tour of Sintra was fantastic. Because of some cancellations, my family ended up with essentially a private tour with Pedro, who was very friendly and accommodating to our requests. Recommend the tour and thought Pedro was great.
Loved this small-group day trip and Kathriana, our guide was informative and charming. Pena Palace was amazing and we had plenty of time there as well as Sintra and Cascais. Would highly recommend this tour. Good value as well.
George was a wonderful guide. The tour was enjoyed by all. Lunch was outstanding!
Patient friendly and knowledgable guide Claudia. Good walking shoes essential as there are some steep climbs at Pena Palace. Sintra far too touristy but drive there is very nice. Good value tour.
EXACTLY what we were looking for. and very good value.
Comfortable, safe, well guided travel. Our driver/guide was Joao John. fabulous information and interaction.