- 60-minute Segway tour of the medieval sights of Lisbon
- Glide through historic Lisbon neighborhoods like Mouraria and Alfama with your local guide
- Cruise past the Castle of Sao Jorge and the Lisbon Cathedral, two of Lisbon’s major landmarks
- Visit a medieval bar afterwards and toast your tour with two beers (included)
- Suitable for all fitness levels – easier than a walking tour!
- Small-group tour limited to 8 people ensures a more personalized experience
What You Can Expect
After a brief introduction to the Segway from your local guide, you’ll be ready to conquer Lisbon in style. Ride through the streets and along the narrow lanes of Lisbon’s oldest districts to uncover some of the city’s most historical sights. The cobblestone streets and medieval-era buildings that you see will transport you back to the Lisbon of the Middle Ages.
Your local guide will take you first to Lisbon’s oldest district, Alfama, which stretches south from medieval Sao Jorge Castle on top of the hill to the Tagus River. Pass by the city's oldest cathedral, Sé de Lisboa, which dates back to 1147, and admire the different architectural styles the magnificent building has acquired over time. Because of the earthquakes it was exposed to in the past -- especially the Great Lisbon Earthquake in 1755 -- the cathedral has been rebuilt and modified several times.
You’ll also see the other churches Alfama is famous for like Convento da Graça, from the 18th century and the mannerist Monastery of São Vicente de Fora (early 17th century). Drive up to Portas do Sol a great viewpoint from where you can see that although Alfama has been renovated after quakes throughout the years it remained a picturesque labyrinth of narrow streets and small squares for you to enjoy.
At the end of your one-hour Segway tour you will return the segways. Your guide will give you a voucher for two drinks to redeem at one of Lisbon’s medieval-themed bars, located 54 yards (50 meters) away from the shop, where you will be treated two beers (alternative beverages for children will be available). Lean back and enjoy atmosphere with medieval decorations and folksy furniture.