- 5-hour Zambezi River kayaking experience
- Enjoy a hot drink plus a bacon and egg roll while listening to a safety briefing
- Paddle through the gentle waters of the upper Zambezi River in a double kayak
- Look out for elephants, colorful birdlife, buffaloes and more
- Relax with a hotel pickup and drop-off from Livingstone
What You Can Expect
Keeping close to the bush-clad shoreline, paddle along and admire the wildlife-rich scenery of the two national parks that straddle the famous river. Framed by Victoria Falls National Park on the Zimbabwe side and Zambezi National Park on the Zambia side, the majestic ribbon of water provides a source of food and drink for both of the parks’ animals, including elephants, buffaloes, hippos and more. Enjoy close-up views of colorful flocks of birds flying between the kigelia trees and elephants ripping up the foliage with their trunks.
Besides taking in the incredible wildlife surrounding you, hear tips to improve your paddling technique and get the most out of your time on the Zambezi River. The upper stretch of the river is generally quite calm with ‘grade II’–listed currents, but your instructor will stay close to your group throughout your experience, for any assistance you need.
After roughly 2 hours on the river, return to the riverbank, step back onto dry land and then hand your equipment back. Your experience finishes back in Livingstone after a hotel drop-off.