- 2-day tour from London to the Cotswolds, Bath and Oxford
- Be fascinated by the history of the region's villages
- See the little sister of Stonehenge and the small, beautiful village of Lacock
- Visit the Roman Baths in the city of Bath
- Explore England's famous university town, Oxford
- Small-group tour ensures personalized attention from your English-speaking guide
- One night accommodation in a 3-star B&B or 3-star hotel (your choice)
- Breakfast included
Recent Photos of This Tour
- IMG_0430Photo by: Corinna M
- AveburyPhoto by: Corinna M
- IMG_0422Photo by: Corinna M
- IMG_0425Photo by: Corinna M
- IMG_0426Photo by: Corinna M
- IMG_0428Photo by: Corinna M
- IMG_0429Photo by: Corinna M
- IMG_0417Photo by: Corinna M
- IMG_0418Photo by: Corinna M
- IMG_0419Photo by: Corinna M
- IMG_0420Photo by: Corinna M
- IMG_0421Photo by: Corinna M
- IMG_0412Photo by: Corinna M
- IMG_0413Photo by: Corinna M
- IMG_0414Photo by: Corinna M
- IMG_0415Photo by: Corinna M
- IMG_0416Photo by: Corinna M
- IMG_0407Photo by: Corinna M
- IMG_0408Photo by: Corinna M
- IMG_0409Photo by: Corinna M
What You Can Expect
Your first destination is Wiltshire, a rural county of small villages and scenic landscapes, perfect for a relaxing day in the country. Visit the three stone circles of Avebury, the lesser-known sister of Stonehenge. Stop by the Marlborough White Horse, which is a hill figure, cut in the ground in 1804 by school pupils and the Abbey house, which was once home to the Talbot family. Then head to the village of Lacock, the setting for many TV and film productions, including Pride and Prejudice and the Harry Potter films.
Your guide will then take you to the city of Bath, famous for its Georgian architecture, where you will see the city’s renowned Roman Baths. You'll have enough free time there to explore the town and grab lunch. (at owns expense) Take a deep breath of the hot steam and feel a bit like the Romans felt 2000 years ago.
Your first day ends in Cirencester, a small market town in the heart of the Cotswolds, where you’ll stay the night in your choice of either a 3-star bed and breakfast or 3-star hotel. Your guide will recommend you some local restaurants, where you can enjoy your dinner (at own expense).
Day 2: Cotswolds - Oxford - London (B)
After breakfast (included), explore more of the Cotswolds. Visit the scenic town of Bibury’; Stow-on-the Wold, a small market town; and Bampton (Downton village)
Last but not least, make your way to Oxford and discover the charming college courtyards and winding alleys. Harry Potter fans may recognize a few places used in the films!
Head back to London with a new appreciation for the English countryside.
A great tour! I had the same guide as a previous tour which made the experience extremely easy. A very relaxed tour with plenty of time to look at my own pace but still packed a lot in.
This was the highlight of our trip to England in October. Our tour guide, Barney, was incredible! He was friendly, informative but gave us time to explore on our own. My Mom and I enjoyed Christchurch in Oxford and the Roman Baths in Bath. We had several hours in Oxford and several hours in Bath. The bed and breakfast was great!
I booked this tour for my 70 year old dad and his friends, who wanted a little road trip round the heart of England in between Rugby World Cup games. They had a fabulous time! Many thanks to the chatty and informative tour guide. Small numbers, so it felt like a very personal service. Really excellent!
Tour was really accommodating for what we wanted to see. Weather turned really rainy so on the last day we went to Windsor for the afternoon and it was a perfect addition to the tour. Barney was very knowledge and entertaining. We had a small group, only 4, but everyone was really great. Great value for money, lots of freedom what I wanted to do once we arrived to the town. Good taster tour of the English country side.
Very good tour. Driver and Guide were very good and informative and kept us all happy.
Great tour, visited some beautiful places and had enough time in each place to get a taste, comfortable and clean mini-van and Barney our guide was great. I would definitely recommend.
We had a wonderful time. Our tour guide, Ambrose, was very well informed and gave us plenty of time to explore on our own. There was only one other person on the tour with my husband and I, so we all stuck together. It was a great way to see the countryside and learn about its history.
I loved the small villages and scenery. In each place you are left to explore for yourself which is nice if you don't want every bit of the tour planned and scheduled. And the tour guide was very nice and informative.
This was a great tour, that we all really enjoyed it. Kevin our driver and guide was terrific!
I was the only one on the tour so I basically had a 2 day private bus. I got to go wherever I wanted and the driver was fully accommodating. Had a great time. The overnight stay in the Cotswolds was brilliant.