Numbers are limited to 12 on this small-group pub tour, ensuring you’ll enjoy personalized attention from your guide.
- 4-hour afternoon walking tour, taking in London’s historical pubs
- Visit three traditional London pubs in London Bridge, the City of London and Holborn
- Sip on a pint (not included) in London’s last surviving Elizabethan coaching inn
- Discover what a real London pub looks like on a visit to an alehouse in Blackfriars
- Sit down in a pub that lists Charles Dickens and Arthur Conan Doyle as its more notable ex-patrons!
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 12 people ensures a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Continue your stroll away from London Bridge to Blackfriars, in the City of London. As Britain’s banking hub for some 2,000 years, it’s no wonder that the City of London is home to some of London’s oldest pubs. Head inside one of the locals’ favorites to experience a proper London boozer at its finest -- resplendent with wooden tables clustered around a horseshoe-shaped bar. Sip on quality local ales (not included) and soak up the bustling atmosphere while your guide points out features like the medieval wall frieze above the bar.
Head outside and leave Blackfriars to walk further north toward Holborn, another London neighborhood that brims with history. Wander through the cobblestone alleyways that typify this part of the city, and stumble upon a late 17th-century pub tucked away down a side street. Choose from the large selection of beers, ales and ciders on tap (not included) and sit down with your guide, hearing tales of British literary greats who once drank here – Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Charles Dickens and Alfred Tennyson, to name a few!
Leave your pub and work off your afternoon’s beers on a leisurely stroll to Covent Garden, a short walk away. Pass more historic pubs along the way, and hear tips from your guide about other drinking dens to visit in the capital for more beer or perhaps an evening meal at your own expense!
This was real value for money and was very interesting. If your in to history you will love it. I highly recommend it for the beer lovers.
This was a fun and interesting tour. The guide was friendly and informative. We visited a number of delightful historical pubs tucked away on back streets that would be difficult to stumble across easily. It was a nice long walk through the streets of London with a few refreshing pints to wet the whistle along the way.