- Lake District day trip from London, with round-trip train transport included
- Enjoy a scenic drive from Lake Windermere to Waterhead, and a lake cruise (if tour taken between April and October)
- Explore picturesque Hawkshead village, where William Wordsworth once studied
- Head to Hill Top, the home that inspired many of Beatrix Potter's tales (if tour taken between April and October)
- Savor a traditional English cream tea at Beatrix Potter’s Lindeth Howe Country Hotel (if tour taken between April and October)
- Receive a guided tour and cream tea at Rydal Mount and Gardens (if tour taken between November and March)
- Visit Bowness and choose to visit the award-winning World of Beatrix Potter (if tour taken between November and March)
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
The upgrade to first class was worth it. Even it is just a day trip , you get a taste of Lake District. There plenty of time on each location as advertised on trip. David was an excellent driver and got us on time and safely from 1point to the other. The tea was good. The lake cruise was enjoyable.
The Lake District Day Trip was a wonderful experience.
We loved getting to see Beatrix Potter's home, but the rest of the Lake District was also wonderful.
Having afternoon tea at the hotel was a wonderful experience.
What a beautiful area!
This was wonderful! We were met at the station and given our tickets and then relaxed on the train to the Lakes District. Leaving the train we were met by our guide and spent a lovely day! Our guide was very knowledgeable and pointed out many interesting sights along the way. I loved our time in Ambleside, particularly the old school which our guide had recommended we go to...Wonderful, wonderful day and it was one of my sons favourite days on our holiday! He is 6
Beautiful scenery! Guide was great. Definitely recommend
may be better if lunch is organised
Arranging a meeting point can be confusing. You must be familiar with Euston station and initiative and very specific which ticket counter office they ( Local tour operator) meant. I had to stress to them was it the Euston station ticket office or the Virgin ticket office ?
Luckily it worked out fine and we were only a small group, hopped on the train followed their instructions and we were off to the magical Lake districts. Highly recommended. If I were to do it again, I'd stay at least 2-3 nights.
Great day all round.
A great way to get a taste of the lake district in one day
Great trip. Saw a lot. Well timed. Enjoyed the comments from the driver. I would definitely take another trip with Viator.
We were confused about the itinerary of the tour, thinking we would see Wordsworth's.
Michelle B Australia
This tour is well worthwhile and was thoroughly enjoyable. The two tour companies involved in this trip organised everything very well. Evans and Evans made the train journey very easy and we somehow ended up with first class train tickets and Mountain Goat the tour company who met us when we got off the train were fantastic. We had an awesome guide and the whole day was fantastic. Definitely recommend this tour as the scenary and itinerary are fantastic. Beatrix Potter's house a must for anyone interested in Peter Rabbit.