Numbers are limited to 12 on this small-group tour, ensuring you’ll enjoy personalized attention from your guide.
- 3.5-hour London food walking tour, led by a food-loving local guide
- Discover London’s most exciting gourmet haunts: Brixton Market and Borough Market at London Bridge
- Enjoy an Afro-Caribbean breakfast, a Portuguese custard tart and a Ferrero Rocher cupcake
- Sample British cheeses and charcuterie and hear about Brixton’s pop-up restaurant scene
- Learn about Borough Market’s history on a walking tour, and then finish with a gourmet sandwich
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 12 people ensures a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Stroll to Brixton Market, popular for its exciting range of African produce, and enjoy an Afro-Caribbean breakfast to set you up for your day. Amble to a stall serving classic Portuguese custard tarts, and while sampling their delights, your guide will talk to you about the different nationalities that are represented at the market.
Soak up the eclectic atmosphere as you walk around the market’s lofty alleyways and streets, seeing colorful wall murals and graffiti juxtaposed against Brixton’s understated Victorian architecture. Listen to tales and trivia about the area, and hear of famous ex-Brixtonites like David Bowie and NBA star Luol Deng.
Discover Brixton’s latest pop-up restaurants, where Londoners-in-the-know hang out, and then visit one of the market’s much-loved delis to sample a selection of British cheeses and cured meats, washed down with a locally made ginger beer. Sate your sweet tooth with a Ferrero Rocher cupcake and then leave Brixton with your guide by bus (own expense).
After a short bus journey (about 15 minutes) to London Bridge, disembark outside the award-winning Borough Market, and then head inside to see its best bits with your guide. As London’s oldest, and largest, food hall, Borough Market has as much history as it has food! Hear of its 11th-century origins and check out stalls run by third-generation traders on a walking tour. See stalls laden high with artisan goodies like brownies, fresh bread, and cheeses, and find out where London’s top chefs shop for their top quality meat and fish.
Finish your tour with a gourmet sandwich and then say your goodbyes to your guide. You can continue exploring the market independently if you wish.
Very enjoyable tour, our guide Cat was great and very informative, the Brixton market was much more interesting then the too-touristic-Borough market
Really enjoyed the tour! Kat was a very informative and pleasant guide..must do for all foodies!