- English Castles tour of London with a personal chauffeur/guide
- Learn all about Windsor Castle, the official residence of Queen Elizabeth
- Visit Highclere Castle, where Downton Abbey was filmed
- Hear about the folklore and the history behind each castle from your knowledgeable guide
- Private tour ensures a privileged, personalized experience and flexibility to explore at your own pace
Visit famous Windsor Castle, one of the oldest and largest inhabited castles in the world and the queen's favorite weekend home. Its rich history spans almost 1,000 years! Explore the State Apartments and Queen Mary's famous dolls' house and marvel at the Albert Memorial Chapel.
In the comfort of your large, luxury vehicle, enjoy the drive to Wardour Castle. Now a majestic ruin, Wardour Castle was built in the 14th century as a lightly fortified luxury residence for comfortable living and lavish entertainment. It was built by the fifth Lord John Lovell at a time when large, baronial houses were being constructed across the country, with more emphasis on style and comfort than on defense. Your driver will happily recommend a great place for you to enjoy a delicious lunch (own expense).
Next, see Highclere Castle. This magnificent castle was the main setting for the Golden Globe-winning Downton Abbey UK drama series. It sits on 1,000 acres (404.7 hectares) of parkland and has been the country seat of the Earls of Carnarvon since 1679. Your full-day chauffeur-driven private tour ends as you are returned to your London hotel.
Please note: The entry tickets to Highclere Castle should be purchased in advance directly from the Highclere Castle website.