- Private walking tour of the British Museum and Sir John Soane's Museum
- Guided tour of the British Museum, including the famous Rosetta Stone and Parthenon sculptures
- Guided tour of the eccentric collections housed in the Sir John Soane's Museum
- Customize the tour to suit your own interests
- Choice of morning or afternoon 3.5-hour tours
- Expert guide specializing in art history
- Enjoy privileged, personalized attention from your guide on this special private walking tour
What You Can Expect
Close to the British Museum is Sir John Soane's Museum, perhaps the most intimate and eccentric London house you'll have the opportunity to visit. One of the most individual British architects, Sir John Soane (1753 - 1837) bequeathed it to the nation with its extensive collection of paintings, sculptures, antiquities and architectural fragments. You'll see Hogarth's Rake's Progress and artworks by Canaletto, Turner and Piranesi.
This in-depth private walking tour is hosted by an expert guide specializing in art history. Please list any special interests you have (art, architecture, history, culture) at the time of booking to alert your guide, so they can prepare for your private tour.
Please note: Sir John Soane's Museum is closed on Sunday and Monday, so more time will be spent in the British Museum on these days.