- Early or late access Stonehenge tour with admission to the inner stone circle
- Walk around the roped-off stones, an experience only available to your group
- Learn about the UNESCO-listed stone circle from a knowledgeable guide
- Visit the Saxon village of Lacock and enjoy breakfast or dinner at a vintage pub (own expense)
- Explore the elegant city of Bath, enjoy a tour of the Roman Baths and visit Bath Abbey
- Select a morning or evening tour and visit this top England attraction without the crowds
Recent Photos of This Tour
- StonehengePhoto by: jggarre
España, 09 2013
- Me and my wife, Pam, at ...Photo by: Scott R
Canada, 07 2013
- Druid dancing?Photo by: Gary B
- A Stonehenge sunsetPhoto by: Gary R
USA, 09 2009
- BathPhoto by: Anonymous
- Stonehenge at sunsetPhoto by: Robert P
Bermuda, 04 2009
- The George InnPhoto by: Andy D
Canada, 09 2008
- Bridge in BathPhoto by: Andy D
Canada, 09 2008
- Just Us and StonehengePhoto by: Herbert K
USA, 08 2008
- Stonehenge SunsetPhoto by: Gary R
- StonehengePhoto by: Kim M
- Inside the Stone CirclePhoto by: Allison M.
USA, 07 2015
- Roman ArtifactsPhoto by: Paula H
- Bath with Tour HandsetPhoto by: Paula H
- Stone Close-UpPhoto by: Paula H
- Adam in StonehengePhoto by: Paula H
- Private ViewingPhoto by: Paula H
- Sunrise TourPhoto by: Paula H
- Sunrise TourPhoto by: Paula H
- Awesome StonehengePhoto by: Paula H
What You Can Expect
Hear the secrets and mysterious stories about Stonehenge from your expert guide, and experience the site at its atmospheric best! Depending on the time of year you visit, you may even be lucky enough to catch the sunset or sunrise; it’s sure to make your Stonehenge viewing an unforgettable experience. Read on for more details of each option; both tours finish with a drop-off at Victoria in central London.
After exploring the stones with your guide, travel onward to the nearby village of Lacock, a place often cited as one of England’s most picturesque villages. Hear of Lacock’s past as a Saxon dwelling, and learn about its use as a setting for many movie and TV programs including the adaptation of Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice and Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone. Stretch your legs on a walk with your guide, and then head inside the George, a 14th-century pub, for breakfast (own expense).
Continue to Bath, a UNESCO-listed city in the county of Somerset. Enjoy a tour of the Roman Baths, visit Bath Abbey, and learn some more about Jane Austen, who was born in the city. If you wish, enjoy a short walking tour to see where the legendary novelist Charles Dickens lived and worked as a young man, and sample fresh cheese from a local dairy. Alternatively, make the most of some free time to explore independently.
From London, travel first to the city of Bath to explore the Roman Baths and visit Bath Abbey, as described for the Morning Tour. Continue to Lacock for a walk around the picturesque village, and then enjoy dinner at the George pub (own expense). Last, but not least, travel to Stonehenge for your tour of the stones when the day-trippers have left the site.
This was perfect. Bus picked us up on time - EARLY and we drove out to Stonehenge - arrived around sunrise and were able to walk among the stones. If that wasn't a great trip - add in Lacock with a great breakfast and then tour the Roman Baths. Everything was great.
Being able to stand amongst the stones was worth the price and the very early departure. Our guide, David, was funny, enthusiastic and passionate about the historical sites and their conservation. The group was given plenty of time to take pictures at Stonehenge and at Bath. I never felt rushed at all. The only downside to the whole day was getting stuck in traffic on the way back to London and not having a toilet to use on the bus.
Incredible Journey! Private Stonehenge is the only way! Bath is an incredible city to visit and Lacock is fascinating. Our Tour Guide David was simply outstanding with historical facts and had great humour in his dialogue. The best tour you could choose, really worth it!
This tour was excellent, even the bus ride was nice just to see the beautiful landscape.
The sunset went over Stonehenge while we were there, we could not ask for more.
The only thing I would change is to skip dessert so you can spend more time in Lacock wandering around.
This tour was FANTASTIC, by far the best day tour while in London. The guide was awesome about keeping people on time and keeping things moving without being rushed. She was also very knowledgeable and enthusiastic in her commentary.
We spent a wonderful day visiting these three beautiful places. The private stay in Stonehenge was really outstanding. This trip gives you the unique chance to walk around and inside the circle before the general península time, in a relaxed way with a small group of people, so you can feel the special atmosphere of Stonehenge. The later visit to Lacock and Bath completes an unforgettable trip.
It was very well organized, a comfortable coach, and very kind and friendly staff .
What a perfect tour combination! Everything ran right on time, the tour guide and bus driver were awesome! We saw and experienced so much in such a short period of time that we could never have done on our own. Yes it was a 12 hour day but packed with so much quality. Every detail was taken care of and we highly recommend this tour and Viator.
Chris and Norma from Canada
Excellent tour. Worth the early departure from london
Excellent the staff was prompt, informed, and entertaining all day. Great sunset visit to Stonehenge..perfect sunset finished the day.
The private tour is worth every cent. The chance to get up close to the stones and the roman bath house was a dream to place in the bucket list. Lacock was ok, nothing spectacular. The trip overall was great.