Numbers are limited to 15 on this small-group tour, ensuring you’ll enjoy personalized attention from your guide.
- 4-hour afternoon pub tour of London, led by an expert local guide
- Visit five historical pubs in London’s popular West End and sample different beers or ales in each one
- Learn about brewing traditions in the UK and hear of the different beer-drinking cultures throughout Europe
- Explore Trafalgar Square, Covent Garden, Soho and Seven Dials
- Hear tales, trivia and history of London’s thriving pub scene
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 15 people ensures a more personalized experience
What You Can Expect
Start with a visit to a traditional 'boozer' near Trafalgar Square and soak up the ambiance of an authentic London ale house, serving beers, ales and ciders on tap. As you relax inside, your guide will regale you with insider secrets about some of the monuments nearby, like Nelsons Column – the impressive structure in the center of Trafalgar Square.
After sampling some of the pubs hearty ales, continue your tour with a stroll to Covent Garden – one of London’s most beautiful squares, with a bustling marketplace in the center. Many visitors head straight for the tourist pubs here, but your guide will introduce you to two of the best local pubs, just hidden down side streets, away from the hustle and bustle. Enjoy a traditional snack inside one of them, and hear about the history and culture of beer drinking in the UK and Europe, as well as the ingredients used in different beers like hops and wheat.
Continue to the heart of London’s ‘theatreland’ in Soho, passing iconic London venues like the Adelphi and the Shaftsbury Theatre, and then head inside a pub that’s popular for pre-show drinks. Hear about the city's impressive performing arts and music scene in this world-famous theater district while sitting back and sipping on another ale.
Your tour finishes at a pub in Seven Dials – the center point of London’s vibrant West End. Savor your last tipple of the tour and get recommendations about other great London pubs to visit independently!