Immerse yourself in the magic of the season with a festive Christmas cruise along the River Thames! For a whimsical 1.5 hours, savor a delicious Christmas-themed lunch or afternoon tea – complete with spicy mulled wine! – as you take in the dazzle of London's riverside sights. From your comfortable seat, shut out the winter chill and delight in prime views of attractions like Big Ben and the London Eye bedecked in color and light.
- Christmas cruise in London with afternoon tea or 2-course lunch
- Cruise along the River Thames seeing top London attractions decked with Christmas lights
- Pass sights such as Big Ben, the London Eye and Houses of Parliament
- Learn about the sights from the onboard audio commentary
- Enjoy a Christmas-themed menu for your choice of lunch or afternoon tea
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
There's no better way to see the sights of London than from the river! Enjoy cruising underneath the iconic Tower Bridge while getting into the festive spirit.
What You Can Expect
Head to Tower Pier in central London, where your magical Christmas cruise departs at midday for the lunch excursion or late afternoon for afternoon tea. Board the glass-encased boat and find a seat in the cozy, indoor saloon, aglow with Christmas ornamentation. Shrug off the wintery chill with a warm drink and enjoy panoramic views of London as you set off on the River Thames.
Delight in the sparkle of Christmas lights as you drift past elegant riverside attractions like the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben, the illuminated London Eye and Shakespeare’s famous Globe Theatre, running performances every season of the year. As you cruise, enjoy live commentary full of fascinating facts and anecdotes about these historic sites.
Your 1.5-hour dining cruise includes either a rich 2-course lunch or afternoon tea (depending on your selection). Savor piping hot mulled wine and roasted delights as you soak up the magic of the season! Your cruise ends back at the departure point at Tower Pier with plenty of time to sightsee (and walk off your hearty meal).
Main course :
- Roast turkey with sage and onion stuffing; Chipolata sausages wrapped in bacon and gravy. Served with roast potatoes, honey roast parsnips, brussels sprouts with chestnuts, gravy and cranberry sauce.
- Vegetarian option: Mushroom, cranberry, brie, and hazelnut wellington. Served with roast potatoes, honey roast parsnips, brussels sprouts with chestnuts, gravy and cranberry sauce.
- Chef's festive season chocolate dessert
Sample Menu: Afternoon Tea
- Featuring turkey and cranberry sandwiches and mince pies
- Unlimited tea and coffee
The River Thames Christmas Cruise was a most exciting outing for the family. The afternoon tea was good with the cakes and cookies. All the children had interesting and unforgettable experience cruising on the boat. Thank you Viator.
Extraordinary service and experience. A highlight of our visit to London.
When we arrived we were greeted on the quay by a guide who checked our Viator voucher and showed us to the boat. Then the problem. We were told by the person checking the groups aboard on the boat we were not on her 'schedule' and couldn't come aboard. The seven of looked at her as she tried to turn us away. So we argued and waived our booking form. Finally she relented and let us aboard as another group arrived and encountered the same issue. They were not allowed on the boat and went angrily away. We had to wait while they laid more places. This is definitely not a trip to book. Where do you go when your party is upset in this way. Absolutely terrible.