- Full-day Downton Abbey filming locations tour including Highclere Castle
- Leave London and travel to Oxfordshire to see a collection of sites used in the popular TV drama
- Hear anecdotes and gossip about the Downton Abbey series and characters such as Lady Mary
- Visit a farm near Cogges and explore the Cotswolds village of Bampton that was used as Downton village
- Explore the gardens and state rooms of Highclere Castle, seeing bedrooms, the smoking room and more
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 18 people ensures personalized attention at all times
What You Can Expect
Kenneth H United States of ...
Excellent tour guide. Very entertaining and knowledgeable. Highly recommend this tour.
This tour was outstanding. Try to travel with Tony. Tony has a real feel for making this a fun experience. If you love Downton Abbey you will love this tour.
The tour was the best I have ever had in Europe. The driver guide was superb. An excellent driver and an amusing and informative speaker. I could not rate the tour higher and the experience a memorable one. Five star plus !!!
Great tour. We were not rushed during the day. Plenty of time at Highclere Castle. Enjoyed our visits to the farm and little township of Whitney. Was able to relate to where the various scenes were set in the TV series Downton Abbey. Thoroughly recommend this tour to Downton Abbey fans!!!
Our guide was absolutely awesome -- funny, witty, knowledgeable and accommodating. He even lent me 10 pounds so I could buy a souvenir at a place that didn't take credit cards. A real pro. The tour exceeded our expectations -- and we would recommend Tony as the best tour guide we've ever had. While driving us around he had us laughing and informed the entire time.
This was a great tour with a very energetic and informed guide.
the whole day was wonderful for a fan of Downton Abbey - we saw all the sites in the shown in the show - both the village sites as well as the castle itself and heard gossip about the cast from the tour guide who was perfect in that role - she was so informative about the places,as well as the cast.
Wonderful,great tour guide and just a wonderful tour.
What made this trip special was our tour guide Andrew. He was extremely knowledgeable not only about Downton Abbey but about London and the surrounding area. We had been on a 4 day musical tour of London prior to our tour to Highclere. The difference in tour guides was striking. We learned so much more from Andrew in a very short time. His knowledge of the Downton Abbey show was nothing short of amazing. He could cite season and episode for everything we saw on our trip and much more we didn't see.
My advice: if you do the tour, ask for Andrew as tour guide.
A full day, a full value, well run; exceeded expectations