- Explore Warwick Castle, the Cotswolds and Stratford-upon-Avon on a full day tour from London
- Customize your itinerary with flexible tour options at Warwick and Stratford-upon-Avon
- Upgrade to a tour of Warwick Castle, including the dungeons and gardens
- Opt to visit Shakespeare's childhood home at Stratford-upon-Avon
- Escorted by a knowledgeable English speaking guide
- Pickup from selected central London Hotels
Recent Photos of this Tour
The Wedding at Warwick CastlePhoto by: Thomas WUSA, 06 2010
Shakespeare birthplacePhoto by: Mary Ellen L08 2012
Warwick Castle, OxfordPhoto by: Thomas WUSA, 06 2010
Period Demonstrations at ...Photo by: Thomas WUSA, 06 2010
Christ's College, OxfordPhoto by: Thomas WUSA, 06 2010
The Dining HallPhoto by: Thomas WUSA, 06 2010
Shakespeare's Home ...Photo by: Thomas WUSA, 06 2010
Stratford-upon-AvonPhoto by: Francisco RPuerto Rico, 04 2010
This morning's first stop is medieval Warwick Castle. Over 1,000 years old, marvel at its amazing towers. For those that dare, there's a visit to the dungeons where prisoners were tortured. Alternatively, stroll the castle's tended gardens. At Warwick choose to either:
- Enjoy a free guided walking tour of Warwick's town center where you can view well preserved famous old buildings.
- Tour the inside of Warwick Castle and learn more about the banquets, battles and ceremonies that took place here (cost Adult £16.50, Child £15.00, Seniors/Students £16.20).
Past the Warwickshire hills, you'll travel to William Shakespeare's birthplace; Stratford-upon-Avon. Here, you'll have the option to:
- Embark on a free walking tour of Stratford-upon-Avon, a market town located on the edge of the Forest of Arden and home to the world's greatest playwright.
- Visit William Shakespeare's Tudor-style half timbered home, carefully furnished to recreate the interiors of his childhood (cost Adult £12.50, Child £8.00, Seniors/Students £11.50).
The colleges in Oxford date back to the 13th century and among its famous students were Bill Clinton and C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien and Lewis Carroll.
- Embark on a free walking tour through the cobbled streets of Oxford and see Bodleian Library and the picture-perfect college courtyards, for which Oxford is famous.
- Take an interior visit of Christ Church college and see the dining room where Harry Potter was filmed (cost Adult £7.00, Child £5.50, Seniors/Students £6.00)
Admire the English countryside with its rolling hills. Thatched roof cottages and crooked houses of the Cotswold's are steeped in both history and heritage.
Entrance fees are not included, but can be purchased from your guide on tour.
Reviewed by Steven B, April 2013
A thoroughly enjoyable day. My partner and I decided on the basic tour that did not include entrance fees to the sites. However the opportunity to see Warwick Castle from the outside was good for us and to see the township itself was our preference, as was Stratford-upon-Avon and Oxford. Stratford-upon-Avon was a great little town with character. We enjoyed all of the sites and recommend this day out. Initially we thought 10 hours would be a long day, however we had a great pace to see the sights and the day went quickly. Sheila our tour guide was great, she was professional, informative and a delight. A memorable experience and we're very glad that we did the trip.
Reviewed by Alpana C, April 2013
It was a wonderful day and very well organized. Our tour guide was very thorough and sweet. I would recommend the tour.