- Independent day trip to Windsor Castle from London
- Explore Windsor Castle at your own pace with an audio guide
- Walk through must-visit sites like St George’s Chapel and see the final resting place of King Henry VIII
- See Queen Mary’s Dolls House and admire art by Rembrandt inside the State Apartments
- Watch the Changing of the Guard ceremony outside the castle grounds
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Head inside with your entrance ticket and explore at your own pace, learning about the castle’s history that steeped into its stones. Pick up an audio guide, and listen to entertaining commentary as you amble around; learn about Sir Edwin Lutyets, the British architect who created Queen Mary’s Dolls House for the young monarch in the early 1920s, and hear about the different monarchs who furnished the impressive State Apartments according to their tastes.
Admire priceless work of art by the likes of Leonardo da Vinci and Rembrandt, and explore St George’s Chapel to discover the final resting place of various monarchs including King Henry VIII – one of the more flamboyant characters that have lived in the castle.
The Changing of the Guard ceremony takes place daily, so you can try to catch it while exploring the town. Usually accompanied by a military band, soldiers march up the high street to Windsor Castle in colorful red tunics and bearskin hats, representing the pomp and ceremony (some say eccentricity of the British Royal Family.
Meet your guide at the pre-arranged time and travel back to London in the comfort of your luxury coach. Your day trip finishes in the neighborhood of Kensington, central London, in the early evening.