- Full-day trip to Southern California's most celebrated seaside attractions
- Stroll along the Santa Monica Pier and ride the rides at Pacific Park
- Wander Venice Beach and peruse the local wares
- Travel to Long Beach and explore the Queen Mary ocean liner
- See Huntington Beach, including its famous volleyball pavilion
- Shop on Third Street Promenade, a famous pedestrian-only street
- Enjoy entertaining and informative commentary from your tour guide
- Air-conditioned transportation in a deluxe van or bus
In Long Beach, you’ll have a behind-the-scenes tour of one of the most famous ships in the world, the British ocean liner RMS Queen Mary. This legendary cruise ship made its last voyage in 1967, and now it serves as a monument to the days of transatlantic pleasure cruises. See the restored sections of the ship such as her bridge, the aft, machine rooms and much more!
After you’ve seen the Queen Mary’s elegant facilities, you’ll travel to one of the most famously eclectic and eccentric stretches of coast in the world, Venice Beach. In Venice, you’ll see street performers, bazaar merchants, muscle-bound weightlifters, and skateboarders, all of whom contribute to Venice Beach’s signature vibe. After you’ve seen Venice’s wonderful weirdness, you’ll head to the Santa Monica Pier, where you can dine, people watch, or ride the thrilling coasters and Ferris wheel at Pacific Park.
Your trip concludes at the Third Street Promenade, a popular beach-friendly, pedestrian-only boulevard. Dust off the sand and shop to your heart's content before returning to your air-conditioned coach to Los Angeles.
Reviewed by Shermann D, United Kingdom, June 2012
Wonderful day out. Our guide even gave us extra time on The Queen Mary. This is the one to experience the differences in beach culture in LA. Venice beach is a real eye opener-not to be missed. Great commentary and guide would fully recommend.
Reviewed by Jeanette B, November 2011
Our California Beach Cities Day Trip (incorporating the Queen Mary tour) was excellent. My wife and myself were fortunate that we had a private tour just ourselves and Richard, our driver and guide. Apart from being a very nice person, Richard was also very knowledgable and nothing was too much trouble for him. The car was very comfortable and we felt very safe and secure with Richard. He was very punctual and also, because there was only the 3 of us, very flexible. I would certainly recommend Viator Tours and we give our tour 5 stars.