- Electric bicycle tour in Los Angeles
- Cruise along Venice Beach and the Venice canals
- See the Santa Monica Pier
- Choose pedal power or electric power with the flick of a switch
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
It's up to you to choose whether you want this to be an active or more relaxing tour -- either way, riding an electric bicycle is a cool way to travel along the famous Santa Monica boardwalk and explore the historic canals near Venice Beach.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Freewheelin funPhoto by: Jon Gordon M
- Muscle BeachPhoto by: Jon Gordon M
- Scenic ride along the canalPhoto by: Jon Gordon M
- Venice CanalsPhoto by: Jon Gordon M
- Checking out some nice housesPhoto by: Jon Gordon M
- Nothing better than biking at ...Photo by: Jon Gordon M
- A great day with great peoplePhoto by: Jon Gordon M
- Bike paradePhoto by: Jon Gordon M
- Burger shackPhoto by: Jon Gordon M
- More of the crewPhoto by: Jon Gordon M
- Say cheese!Photo by: Jon Gordon M
- Santa Monica PierPhoto by: Erika R
- Pedal or NotPhoto by: Lia-Odet D
- Ready to RidePhoto by: Pauline M
- Pier FunPhoto by: Pauline M
- Santa Monica PierPhoto by: Desiree B
- Zipping around LAPhoto by: Jon Gordon M
- Admiring the scenery as we ...Photo by: Jon Gordon M
- Hitting the streets of LAPhoto by: Jon Gordon M
- Burger anyone?Photo by: Jon Gordon M
What You Can Expect
From the comfortable seat of your bike, you’ll ride along Santa Monica's world-famous beach to the Marion Davies Guesthouse, past the Santa Monica Pier and through Venice to its picturesque canals. While you soak up the sun, sand, surf and ocean breezes, you'll be accompanied by a story-telling guide full of interesting information about the local art, architecture and history of the area.
The bike allows you to choose traditional pedaling with six gears or using the electric motor power (with the flick of your wrist), which puts the power completely in your control. Or use a combination of both. All bikes are equipped with state-of-the-art disc brakes, lithium ion batteries and a 500-watt motor to ensure that you’ll keep up with the group.
This tour is so much fun, you don't need to be fit to do this, you can pedal if you want, but its more fun if you don't. If its hot, make sure you take sun lotion, the breeze from going fast can mask how hot it actually is. I would definitely recommend this, I would love to do it again!
This a great addition to a trip to Santa Monica. Steven, our guide, has a historical knowledge of SM and Venice which added to the fun and exploration of the area. The bikes are easy to ride and one can always use the electric option. Overall, a very fun event with a pro!
Barb was a wonderful tour guide. Lots of stories. My cousin and I had such a wonderful time. Thank you so much for a great day!
Don't miss this tour! One of my favorite time during my vacation!
LOVED it!!! The tour guide was so knowledgeable and fun! We've been recommending this tour to all our friends!
This was an amazing and really fun way to see Santa Monica and Venice Beach. The tour guide was great and the electric bikes are easy and a BLAST to ride! Don't hesitate to give it a try, I will definitely do this again if I return to the LA area. I loved it so much I am actually looking to buy my own Pedego bike. I also plan to seek out tours like this in other cities I vacation in. Fun, fun, fun!
We spent 4 days in LA with our granddaughter and the bike ride on the beach was by far the most fun. A great tour guide, fresh air, and invigorating exercise--who could ask for anything more. This is something we will definitely put on our list to do again.
This tour was amazing!
This is a great tour to take if you want to see multiple landmarks without giving up precious hours or days. Our tour guide, Barb, was very knowledgeable on the area and was very friendly. She was willing to take time to explain all the different locales and was also willing to take personal pictures for you. The bikes were easy to use and amateur-friendly as well. The workers gave us a lesson before we were let loose on the tour. This is an easy tour since the ride is mainly on cement and you don't have to pedal if you don't want to. There are a few busy streets that you have to cross and you do have to share the road with other cyclists and peds at times but just follow the rules of the road and you're fine. The tour group tends to be small ours was 2 which is convenient if you don't want to get lost in a crowd. I would recommend the morning tour since the areas kept getting busier as the day went on. Take a jacket with you because the ocean breeze can be chilly. Also the bike had convenient saddle bags to store your personal items. The tour length was estimated to be 2-3 hours, but I'd recommend allotting around 3.5 hours in case.
The tour was awesome. The bikes were great allowing my daughter to cruise and my son to pedal. The route was amazing seeing the scenic Santa monica and the chaos that is Venice beach. We loved every second of it!!