- Latin food and culture small group walking tour in Los Angeles
- Discover the neighborhoods of East LA and Boyle Heights
- Experience a one-of-a-kind cultural experience
- Enjoy traditionally prepared Latin flavors
- Shop at local markets for Latin specialties such as tamales and tortillas
- Convenient transportation between stops on the Metro Gold Line light rail
What You Can Expect
You’ll see LA’s first tortilla factory, sample the fare at a celebrated tamale kitchen and wander around a three-story Latin American market filled with food stands, souvenir shops and mariachi showrooms. Your guide will then lead you to Mariachi Plaza, where you'll savor Salvadorian papusas, a spicy meat stew from Mexico called birria and yummy Mexican pastries, all made from passed-down family recipes.
Experience the warmth and hospitality of the food stands and shops as you go, and leave with a richer understanding of the history and traditions behind Boyle Heights and East LA. You tour will conclude at its original departure point.