- Round-trip transport to the J Paul Getty Museum in Los Angeles
- Avoid the bother of dealing with traffic or public transport to get to the museum
- Explore the museum's deep and varied collection at your own pace
- See European paintings, sculptures and illuminated manuscripts; American photographs; and decorative arts
- Wander among the museum's many fountains, terraces and gardens
- Enjoy spectacular views of the Los Angeles skyline and surrounding mountains from the museum
- Choice of morning or afternoon tour times
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Once you arrive at the Getty Center, enjoy 3 to 3.5-hours to discover the Getty at your leisure. Perched atop a hill in the Santa Monica Mountains, the museum offers stunning views of the Los Angeles skyline and Pacific Ocean. The museum grew out of the private collection of oil tycoon J Paul Getty and opened to the public in the 1990s. Designed by architect Richard Meier, the museum melds with its natural surroundings and features skylights and many terraces and balconies.
Admire the vast collection of European paintings and drawings from medieval times up to the the 19th century; gorgeous illuminated manuscripts; decorative arts; European and American photographs; and a variety of sculptures. Stroll among the museum's many fountains and gardens, including the serene, 134,000-square-foot Central Garden filled with hundreds of plant varieties. After soaking up the idyllic atmosphere and seeing your fill of amazing art, board your coach for your return trip. Your day ends in central Los Angeles.