- Five-day River Nile cruise from Luxor to Aswan
- Scheduled guided tours include Valley of the Kings, Karnak and Luxor Temples, Edfu Temple, Kom Ombo and Philae Temple in Aswan
- Upgrade and tour the sites with your own private guide
- Optional tours available, including Abu Simbel, hot-air balloon flight over Luxor and Aswan sound and light show
- Evening entertainment including Nubian music and dancers, a Galabayeh night and belly dancing
- All meals included, featuring a mix of Egyptian and Western food
- Enjoy privileged, personalized attention from your expert Egyptologist guide on this cruise
- Pick-up and drop-off from Aswan hotels, airport or port
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
The deluxe Nile cruiser M/Y Mirage has an onboard restaurant, lounges and reading areas, a discotheque, swimming pool with jacuzzi, large shaded sundeck with bar, massage service, boutique, gift shop and laundry service. Evening entertainment may include Nubian music and dancers, a Galabayeh night and belly dancing. The cruiser's 58 air-conditioned cabins have private facilities and satellite TV, and you can choose from three cabin types (see below).
With all meals, accommodation and sightseeing included, your M/Y Mirage cruise on the Nile River makes your journey into ancient Egypt as relaxed and enjoyable as possible. You'll gain valuable insights into Egypt's ancient history and civilization on this laidback but informative cruise.
Please note: Groups of travelers requiring different cabin types are required to make separate bookings in order to guarantee cabins of their choice
Day 1 (L,D):
- Embarkation upon arrival to Luxor
- Visit the West Bank (Valley of the Kings, Temple of Queen Hatshepsut and the Colossi of Memnon)
- Visit the East Bank (Karnak and Luxor Temple)
- Overnight in Luxor with opportunity to disembark or optional Sound and Light Show at Karnak (additional cost)
Day 2 (B, L, D):
- Early morning sail to Esna and Edfu
- Overnight in Edfu
Day 3 (B, L, D):
- Breakfast on board
- Visit Horus Temple in Edfu
- Sail to Kom Ombo and visit of Kom Ombo Temple
- Overnight in Aswan (late night arrival)
Day 4 (B, L, D):
- Visit the High Dam, Unfinished Obelisk and Philae Temple
- Afternoon Felucca tour around Aswan Islands
- Overnight in Aswan with opportunity to disembark or optional Sound and Light Show at Philae Temple (additional cost)
Day 5 (B):
- Check-out after breakfast
We had the time of our lives. From the pickup at Luxor airport till they said goodbye in Aswan's, all of the experience was simply surreal. We were treated as royalty but with such closeness and so much sincere kindness and humanity from all the crew, that we were moved to tears when we had to part. Our guide Rabeh was there for us and so correct, educated, knowledgeable, companion, it was so enriching to be around him. We learned a lot about the past and present of Egypt. We feel very happy and grateful we could enjoy that much. The temples and tombs, the bazars and bars, the view of the Nile from the cruise and faluca were unforgettable. The onboard service was amazing, food was goumet, generous and yummy. Don't think twice! South Sinaí Travel is first quality. Viator was very solicitous too. You'll never ever regret it.
We have booked more day trips, tours and transfers than I can remember with Viator and so far all have gone like clock work, this one included. The cruise is a must as you get to see much of the country side along with tours off the ship and at the end of the day thank god for the pool and bar, it can be hot here.The feel of the ship is classical and very clean, well serviced and good food. Had a great time.
My son and I highly recommend a Nile Cruise. It's the best way to see many of the sights in a relaxing way. Traveling can be a hassle in Egypt and this tour avoided many of those. Plenty of time to relax on the boat, to swim, etc. The boat of the local contact was only about 1/4 occupied and our tour only had 4 people so we got a lot of personal attention. Food was great and we ate too much. September, though hot, is a great time to visit Egypt, i.e. many fewer people. At some places we were the only visitors. The guide was very informative, but not overbearing. We highly recommend this trip. The only thing that was a little different than expected is that it is really only 2 days of actually cruising the Nile. Two of the 4 nights are spent in port (Luxor and Aswan), but it includes tours to sights in both of those places. A 3 day cruise would spend just as much time on the river but you would have to visit key Luxor and Aswan sights on your own. There were several extras that we hadn't expected, e.g. a carriage ride in Edfu and a Felluca ride in Aswan, all covered in the package. We were very satisfied.
Just returned to Seattle and the Nile Cruise was my highlight. Mirage is a very nice boat (and there are plenty that are not nice). Can't beat the value, people and service were great!
We had a great time. We enjoyed every visit, the room was very confortable and the food was excellent. Our guide was fantastic.
i took my family as a last minute family holiday. The cruise was fantastic,food was excellent and our guide was personal and very knowledgable. Staff on the cruise from the captain to the cleaner were always smiling. this has probably been without a doubt the best value, stress free holiday we have ever had.
Ang Chung Yang A