- Private half-day shore excursion to Luxor’s east bank of the Nile River
- Explore Egypt’s most famous ancient treasures, like the Karnak and Luxor temples
- Walk along the Avenue of Sphinx
- Learn about ancient Egyptian history and discover the legacy of the pharaohs
- Private transport in comfortable, air-conditioned minivan and knowledgeable Egyptologist tour guide ensure a more personalized experience
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Enter through the Great Court into the Great Hypostyle Hall and marvel at the 134 columns towering above you like an ancient forest. At the rear of the complex lies the Sacred Lake, where pharaohs and their offerings to the gods were once purified millennia ago. Enjoy free time to explore at your leisure before continuing to the next location.
Travel south to the Luxor Temple, once joined to the Temples of Karnak by the Avenue of Sphinx. Dominated by statues of the great warrior Pharaoh Ramesses II, the founding pharaoh of Egypt’s 19th dynasty, this 1400 BC temple has survived countless Nile floods, foreign invasions and thousands of years exposed to harsh conditions. Admire the mysterious inner walls and columns adorned with intricate hieroglyphics, which your guide will help you decipher, and discover the temple’s intriguing history.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Luxor port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.