- Half-day tour of the Beaujolais wine region from Lyon
- Enjoy a scenic drive along the Route des Crus with your expert guide
- Visit traditional Beaujolais villages
- Learn about the Beaujolais wine-making process
- Sample fine wines, cheeses and local meats
- Transport by luxury, air-conditioned minivan
As you travel through this region along the Route des Crus, your expert guide will tell you about the picturesque villages you pass, such as Fleurie, Morgon or St-Amour. While exploring these Beaujolais villages, stop and visit a traditional wine cellar and learn all about the wine-making process. Discover how Beaujolais wine is made exclusively from Gamay grapes grown on granite-based soils, giving the wine a unique, rounded taste. Then, enjoy a sampling of different Beaujolais wines supplemented with delicious artisan cheeses and charcuterie, a selection of fine local meats.
Reviewed by Anastasia L, May 2013
Anna, the guide, was very friendly and helpful. She eagerly answered all the questions. The trip itself was pleasant and interesting but a little bit long.
Reviewed by Rogene H, October 2012
The whole trip was wonderful except for a delayed start. You had over-booked and we had to wait 30 min to get a bigger bus. But it wasn't that bad. Just a little annoyance.