- 2.5-hour private dolphin swim in Madeira with an open-water swimming guide
- Look out for pods of wild dolphins while cruising around in a RHIB
- Swim and snorkel alongside playful wild dolphins and shoals of fish
- Learn about the marine wildlife around Madeira including seabirds and whales
- Pose for an underwater picture, a perfect memento of the experience
What You Can Expect
Hop inside your spacious RHIB, which seats up to 12 people, and take to the seas around the bay. The seas around Madeira’s east coast are teeming with marine wildlife and – in addition to the many species of wild dolphins – whales, rare seabirds and shimmering shoals of colorful fish are often seen.
Once a pod of dolphins have been spotted, your skipper will stop the boat, allowing you to enter the water and swim alongside the playful creatures as your swimming guide stays close by. Snorkel equipment is provided, so put on a mask and take a glimpse into the underwater world stretched out beneath the boat.
While swimming around in the open sea, your guide will also take underwater photos of you swimming alongside the wild dolphins for a perfect memento of your adventures. After just over two hours on the water, return to the marina and hop back onto dry land. If you want to take a hot shower, use the facilities at the marina before returning to your minibus for your hotel drop-off.
Please note: your dolphin swim is dependent on sea conditions and the behavior of the dolphins when in the water. If it’s considered unsafe to swim on the day of your tour, simply view the wildlife from your boat instead.